+1

Use social networks to prevent and combat crime

So I was browsing youtube one day and something occured to me. Why don't we create cloud storage to store evidence of criminal activities, sorta like a virtual evidence locker filled with videos, pictures, and audio files.

People could take a photo, or video of something illegal and then upload it to their channel, then tag it and comment on it. they could also copy it to folder dedicated to collecting evidence on a certain subject.

This obviously has flaws but something very similar could be used to allow the people to gather a huge amount of evidence from across town or even the world.

Image for post Use social networks to prevent and combat crime
kingjs avatar Technology
0 1

It's a good idea to encourage people to report things to authorities more often in general, but I'm thinking the reddit/ Boston Bomber fiasco is a great example of why large scale social media should not be brought into this.

shelbmes avatar shelbme Disagree +1Reply