+6

Freedom is what characterizes the metaphysical dimension of Man as a person.

Is freedom doing what I feel like? Suppose I am a football player, and I want to play for Real Madrid Football club, can my wanting to play for Madrid makes me able to play for Madrid? And if I did not play for Madrid with all my wanting to, does that takes away my freedom? Freedom is the ability of a man as a person, not as an individual to choose the good without any external cohesion. The good, that which is desirable is the object of the will, which follow after the intellect presents the thing, make it knowable, it is the ultimate end of every man. That is Happiness. To choose evil (absence of good), is a misuse of freedom, for the object of evil is sadness. Freedom entails responsibility and commitment. The more responsible a man or woman is, the more free he or she is. Responsibilities and commitments does not take away freedom, they perfect it. My family's commitment does not make me to be less free, it perfect me, since my metaphysical dimension as a person entails being communicative, loving, self-transcending, etc.

Image for post Freedom is what characterizes the metaphysical dimension of Man as a person.
Life
0 1
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!