-4

despite being the youngest Religion, Islam has a long way to go to restore & recultivate their culture & traditions among their people

Islam being the youngest yet the second largest religion in the world. The origin of Islam is linked to Muhammad Prophet in around 600 AD and it conquers the world population by appx 22% (1.45 bn approx). At the time of its advent by Md Prophet, Islam has taken the best opportunity & advantage of grasping the teachings & experience of other religions to form a consolidated and powerful religion. Islam is enriched with great culture, sound traditions, aesthetics, divine preachers, united vision & peaceful ideologies. And the example of all these features are clearly visible with the several rulers and advocates who have ruled the world since the time of Muhammed Prophet to the Mughal emperor Muhammad Akbar.

Despite being among the youngest of the religions, Islam seems to be the most strict & conservative one. The main reason behind the backwardness of Islam is the lack of opportunity and space given to the women in their religion. It is still the male dominated society which failed to keep itself updated in the Modern era and its law keepers are still confined to the shrinked ideology which existed 1000 yrs ago...

Its hightime, now even the law keepers or religious heads are unable to control the situation as they themselves have differences between them. In the name of customs, traditions & faith, Islam has been hardly hit by extremisim, terrorism and communism. With the purpose of maintaining law & tradition they are repeatedly raising arms & spread fear among the people all across the world and have invited hatredness for themselves. The political parties or politically driven Islamic Heads or Kings are using kids and youth as their weapon against humanity to become powerful. But instead they are calling for their own devastation and the recent examples can be seen of what happened in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, etc.

I am an Hindu by religion but I have love & respect for all other religions, their gods, saints and people.

Image for post despite being the youngest Religion, Islam has a long way to go to restore & recultivate their culture & traditions among their people
bobbobs avatar Religion
0 33

we live on the same plant as the prophets from before

it's not as if we've been living on two different Earths

sure there are changes in environment
but things like murder, adultery, theft, lying ARE STILL frowned upon

Islam gave rights to women way before the rest of the world
(such as owning property)

"1400 years back, Islam gave women the right to: own and dispose property and earnings without guardianship over her, to be educated, and to go out for work, to choose their husbands, and to keep their own family names, to inherit, and many more...when the rest of the world, including Europe, women had no such rights"

we did not invite any hatred towards ourselves as you say in your inaccurate explanation

that's like saying the oppressed invited hatred towards themselves
I think that that sort of thinking is backwards

how are you going to blame the oppressed for being oppressed?

nor did we spread fear all across the world (as you say)
if we're so feared, then why are so many people killing us?
shouldn't our attackers be too afraid to take our lives and steal our resources?
our attackers have no problem viciously mutilating us so no
we're not spreading fear
most of us never killed anyone either

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree +2Reply

Also

many groups have been marginalized in this world

blacks, women, fat people, short people,

and Muslims can definitely be added on to that list

what makes us so different from other marginalized groups?

if you're a Muslim women who is short, fat, and black
then you're in for all types of discrimination

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree +2Reply
@1951541

I'm keeping connection with every single letter in my holy book

I know that my holy book does not just say kill those who believe

let's look at a translation:
(Those who believe [in the Quran], and those who follow the Jewish [scriptures], and the Christians and the Sabians,—any who believe in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.) (Al-Baqarah 2:62)

........................................................................

people say/do horrible things when they take things out of context

or try to use religion to fit their own selfish agenda
or when their brainwashed by their culture
etc.

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree 0Reply
@1951547

first of all
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was unlettered
he did not know how to read and write

also
"Another crucial point in this respect is the huge difference between the linguistic style of the Quran and that of the Prophet’s own style of communication. A comparison of his recorded sayings or Hadith and the Quran shows unequivocally that the author of the Quran is entirely different from that of the Hadith.

It is also recorded authentically that the Arabs themselves were surprised by the language of the Quran because the Prophet was not known to have composed any literature before its revelation. Clearly, the language of the Quran was not from Muhammad’s own tongue. Even in translation non-Arabic speaking people can see a difference between the Quran and the Hadith."
http://www.onislam.net/english/...the-quran.html

second
there's one Qur'an

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree 0Reply
@1951545

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was unlettered
he did not know how to read and write

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree 0Reply
@1951550

what are you talking about?

he was unlettered
but he was able to speak

you're asking questions that the link I gave you can answer

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree 0Reply
@1951553

you'll have to read the first link

they're much better with words

the good thing is that we have access to the original Qur'an

prayers are done by saying the verses in the original Qur'an
I don't say them in my native tongue

a lot is lost in translation

and the WBC is a whole other can of worms
there's something seriously wrong going on
and I think the culprits are brainwashing, hate, and ignorance

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree 0Reply
@1951560

well if your avatar is any indication of your feelings towards us...

Mr. Z made a great post about this:
http://www.amirite.com/760513-p...t-the-american

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree 0Reply
@1951566

hey
I never said we're all perfect

I've never killed anyone
and from my conversation with you about spiders
I haven't kill them either

nobody in my family near or distant has killed anyone
ever

plus
there's over 2.2 billion of us
and our population has doubled
yet the world is at it's most peaceful era right now
http://www.amirite.com/761734-t...manity-because

plus
I'd counter with this:
a comment Mr. Z made

"...If you want to talk worldwide, the article discounts the violence in Africa (169,000 murders last year) which far outweighs those in the middle-east. This article reports only 1,600 deaths in Africa, specifically those related to Islam. I conclude that the authors do not consider African conflicts to be "terrorist" in nature unless they are committed by Islamic peoples. To me that seems biased. To hand pick 10% of the casualties to prove a point is exactly what my post is railing against."

that's from the same post:

there's a lot of attacks on us in the US
many of us are killed

some people mistake some Sikhs (thinking these Sikhs were Muslim) and killed them too
these people thought it was a mosque they were bombing and ended up bombing a temple

isolating us as the problem just promotes hate, discrimination, and injustice

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree 0Reply
@1951569

prove that we hold beliefs that say you should die in a horrible manner

we're the ones being locked up in Guantanamo Bay without any evidence or trial (ignoring habeas corpus)

you act as if we're not being killed

good thing Obama reversed Bush's torture policy

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree 0Reply
@1951589

honor killings happen in India too where the majority are Hindu

what's your point?

that there are terrible acts that occur?

sure
no problem agreeing with that

how can you say it's tit for tat?
when did I say such is justified?
I never said that

what I'm pointing out is that you accuse us
but you don't feel as much fear when other people do it

I also said provide me proof that my beliefs say "terrorism and honor killings"

you didn't give me that

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree 0Reply
@1951594

when did I say it's justified?

I simply said I agree that people do terrible things

PEOPLE DO TERRIBLE THINGS
it's not just Muslims

I'm trying to get you away from the mentality that these issues are Muslim only issues

they are issues PEOPLE have
does that make more sense?

I asked for proof of how my beliefs say "terrorism and honor killings"

yet again you fail to provide this proof

targeting a group of people because a few of their members did wrong lets the bad guys get away

it lets the bad guys who don't fit the profile get away

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree 0Reply
@1951601

politicians are known to lie and cheat people

I am not a cheater and I'm not a liar
I would make a horrible politician because I don't have it in me to take advantage of people

obviously not all politicians are like that
but I'm just bitter you compared me to a politician

I'll state this as clearly as I can
My beliefs do not allow terrorism or honor killings
such is forbidden in Islam

is that clear enough?

I haven't counted how many times infidel comes up
why don't you tell me?
and what does counting the number of times infidel comes up have to do with anything?
since when is saying the word infidel some kind of crime?

also
if you read my comment from above

that takes care of what you said about education

it's obvious have an unfair view against me and my people

here's a video to explain the other stuff and clear up the misconceptions you have:

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree 0Reply
@1951606

that's your opinion
but I'll have to respectfully disagree

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree 0Reply
@1951616

let's see
I'll bold the translated verses so you can see where your comment fits in with all of this

the first one
I think you're talking about the (Al-Ma’idah 5:33).

let's put things in contexts:

from this link
http://www.onislam.net/english/...-for-rape.html

In addition, the rapist is subject to the hadd punishment for zina, even if the rape was not carried out at knifepoint or gunpoint. If the use of a weapon was threatened, then he is a muharib, and is to be subjected to the hadd punishment described in the verse in which Allah says (The recompense of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off from opposite sides, or be exiled from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a great torment is theirs in the Hereafter) (Al-Ma’idah 5:33)."

weren't you the one who said to solve the problem of rapists
to use a 9mm gun?

also note how that translations says or many times
it gives many options
.................................................................................

for the second one you left out the next translated verse:
{And if they incline to peace, incline you to peace as well, and place your trust in God} (Al-Anfal 8: 61)

that's a pretty important part to leave out
don't you think?

also
I gave a link that specifically talks about Al-Anfal
remember that post about jihad?

you can refresh you memory here and scroll down to (Al-Anfal 8: 61)
http://www.onislam.net/english/...velopment.html

here's another link that uses (Al-'Anfāl 8:60):
http://www.onislam.net/english/...ttlefield.html

the third and last one:

(And the Jews say, “Ezra is God’s son,” while the Christians say, “The Christ is God’s son.” Such as the saying which they utter with their mouths, following in spirit assertions made in earlier times by people who denied the truth!) (At-Tawbah 9:30).

read the translation you put (At-Tawbah 9:30).
then read the translation I put for (At-Tawbah 9:30).

notice something?

you gotta be careful with these translations

more on translations:

"The Problem With Translations

Generally speaking, translations of anything can be problematic. While translating any text, whether it is an academic text, a poem, or even a newspaper article, the translator must walk a fine line between accurately transferring the meaning of the original text, and avoiding any input of his or her own as much as possible.

Coming to the Qur'an, the question always arises: How much of the translation is actually the input of the translator?

Remember when we said that Muslims believe that the Qur'an is the actual word of God revealed to Prophet Muhammad in the Arabic language? This definition automatically disqualifies any translations.

A translation can try to faithfully render the meanings of the Qur'an into another language, but simply by being a translation, no one can ever claim that a translation is the Qur'an or is the word of God.

Therefore, if anyone gives you an English copy of the Qur'an, you should always recognize that in fact what they have given you is a copy of the rendering of the meanings of the Qur'an into English, and not the Qur'an itself.

Of course, as with any translation, the hand of the translator is always present. That is why you will find that translations are different."

http://www.onislam.net/english/...nslations.html

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree 0Reply