+16

Using a portion of advertisement budgets to feed hungry children.

There are large corporations throughout the world that are spending millions of dollars every month to promote their brand. What if those corporations would take one month, two, maybe even a years worth of their advertising budget and donate that money to organizations that are effectively supplying food for the poor, especially the starving children. I know from research that there are organizations that can feed a child for less than $1 per day. If one company spending one million dollars on an advertising budget would donate that amount, think of the social impact that they could have on these children! And, think of the goodwill that corporation would receive by doing so. In the long run I could see major corporations challenging each other to see who is doing the best job of impacting this world for the sake of love and caring rather than seeing who is coming up with the cutest or most clever commercials. Then we would be talking about paradigm shift!

Image for post Using a portion of advertisement budgets to feed hungry children.
Life
1 3

I'm all for this, but I'm not an advertiser. No one likes being told how to spend his or her money, and no one likes his or her money being taken away.
For example, why don't you donate a portion of your wages to feed starving children? If you already do, why don't you donate a larger portion? Any good reason you can come up with, the advertiser can say the same thing.

Many of the larger corporations have a budget for their social responsibility, separate from their advertising budget.

If they didn't spend the money on advertising, the might not be able to achieve the revenue capable to fund their charitable efforts before paying the dividends expected by the several thousand shareholders making up ownership of the company.

In a nutshell, I'm saying richer individuals need to be targeted to increase their donations. They're the greedy ones and they're easier to pinpoint than a company comprising of many small and large shareholders.

@Crumpet_nose Many of the larger corporations have a budget for their social responsibility, separate from their advertising...

Plus, if showing the level of your business's social responsibility was as effective as regular marketing, then it would already be the common strategy to do so amongst businesses.