What's in a name?

One thing I’ve noticed after meeting so many different people is that no two are alike. So even goes in how one prefers how to be addressed. From Mr. John Smith to just John Smith, to Jonathan Smith, John, Johnny, J; we have developed so many variations as there are people. More interesting is how we prefer the adaption to our name. To be first in admitting, my full name is Jonathan Smith and I prefer just Jonathan in both personal and business settings. I do request Jonathan though and not John or Johnny. Some people I have met prefer Mr. Smith or Dr. Smith and stand strong by it. In business it used to be Mr. Smith and nothing else; and in academia we see Professor, Mr. or Dr. Smith. Of course on the outside the reason is obvious in that it helps us to identify each other, but is there more to it?

Image for post What's in a name?
Life
0 0
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!