What is politics without slander, smokes and mirrors, and/or spin?

I have prompted this inquiry on the basis that elections for the next president is around the corner in the United States.

Whenever there is some type of a legislative election, whether in a student body to a nation wide election, there is always some type of slander looming somewhere around every candidate.

It really bothers me how all these pass as qualities a leader must uphold in order to create positive change. There hasn't been any leaders running for a position of importance that has not used some type of a smear campaign or making promises they do not follow.

I would much rather root for a candidate that is honest and can identify their own faults. A leader who can see their own faults is a leader worth supporting. Many candidates I have observed in governmental positions act as though they are perfect and have no faults. Have you ever met a "perfect" person?

I believe everyone is entitled to make errors, but observe their improvements from their points of error.

Could any election for a position of power survive without using any of these smokes and mirrors to spin information in order to create slander for their opponents?

Image for post What is politics without slander, smokes and mirrors, and/or spin?
Politics
0 0
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!