Where are we going? By this I mean, what is humanity's goal? Is there one? If we don't know where we are going, how will we get there?

In almost every aspect of life humans develop goals, individual or group, and takes steps to achieve those goals. Leadership can be defined as the acts of establishing direction, aligning intent and motivating action in the intended direction. We can see this all around us in our human activities and systems. However I see no evidence of a common goal for humanity, or even much thought or conversation on the matter, yet it may be the most important question of our time. Security and comfort seem to be priorities (with misguided means of attempting to achieve them) but, and perhaps this reflect some limits to human consciousness, no one seems to care much about what the world will look like in 100 years.
I suspect that ethnocentric consciousness and short-term desires have retarded this important conversation, but enough people are now world-centric in awareness that perhaps this conversation can begin.
Where do you want us to end up, and where do we begin?

Image for post Where are we going? By this I mean, what is humanity's goal? Is there one? If we don't know where we are going, how will we get there?
Life
0 1

2 parts:

1: Learn as much about the universe as possible.

2: Maximize the time we (humanity/intelligent life) have to learn about the universe. This part implies ensuring stability (I'd argue thru peace, comfort, etc.) on whatever planet we inhabit.