Is the global state of higher education a more pressing concern than others such as the environment, energy, food, human rights,...?

This is obviously an ethical question. As I see it, these other concerns, while serious and pressing, are secondary to the crippled and decaying state of higher education (HE) - here and abroad. The reason is clear: the present and future health of the environment, supply of energy and food, adoption of human rights, or nearly any other matter of interest to us is utterly dependent on the health, supply, and adoption of the products of HE. We are wasting precious mental resources. If the products of HE are what allow us to effectively and properly manage our time time on the planet and with each other (and alone), then we need the optimal paradigm for its delivery. Education is a right because it is a necessity - and not even primarily for the individual. I hold the view, and I am not alone, that this global crisis is the one in need of our collective attention and resources. It should be the globes's number one priority. Cheers, Shawn

Image for post Is the global state of higher education a more pressing concern than others such as the environment, energy, food, human rights,...?
Animals & Nature
0 0
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!