How do we create incentive for those with a "not in my lifetime" attitude, and for whom “saving the planet” is not enough?

A college at work today made aware his fury at the residence in his flat. The local council provide recycling of most kinds. One residence said "she pays enough tax for the disposal of her waste, why should she waste her time to sort it herself", Another went to the trouble of separating the rubbish, glass and paper in separate bags, but still appeared on the regular waste pile, regardless. Incredible.

Thinking only along the lines of sustainable living, a less linear process off waste, what reasonable incentives are there for these people with the "not in my lifetime" attitude. Perhaps lower tax brakets for keen recyclers? Maybe some free food/drink from the companies that benefit from cheaper cost of recycling vs. production?

Image for post How do we create incentive for those with a "not in my lifetime" attitude, and for whom “saving the planet” is not enough?
People & Celebrities
0 0
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!