Is it possible to suspend a human for 300 years?

I'm still young and poor, but when I'm older and hopefully rich(er) I might want to travel 300 years into the future. Now of course time machines don't exist (yet), but apparently it is possible to put a mammal into suspended animation. So if I was put in suspended animation and then a month later I was brought back to life, from my point of view that would be equivalent to stepping into a time machine.

However, I'm uncertain if suspended animation would work for a longer period, like 300 years. That's because you have bacteria in and on your body which themselves would NOT be in suspended animation, I think. So those bacteria can still do their thing and can still multiply and your body can't do anything to fight them anymore. Would that mean that you slowly decay because the bacteria would slowly use you for food? If so, is there a practical way to also put all the bacteria in and on your body in suspended animation?

If that wouldn't work, might there be another way to travel 300 years into the future without aging or any other damage?

Image for post Is it possible to suspend a human for 300 years?
Technology
0 1
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!