Could personality be linked with protein deposits, not neural structures?

I recent read online the Lou Gehrig's disease or Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, has to do with two malfunctioning genes. Because of the malfunction, a certain protein that is produced is not broken down and that leads to the build up of harmful proteins that eventually results in what we recognize as ALS. I realize that is a very brief way to summarize the process.
However, a neurologist friend of mine once commented that peculiarly, EVERY ALS patient he has ever seen has been really nice. I realize that is not scientific, however EVERY is a big word.
Could it be that the lack of break down of our harmful protein is associated with the lack of break down of our "nice" protein and we get simultaneous results?

Image for post Could personality be linked with protein deposits, not neural structures?
People & Celebrities
0 0
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!