How can I motivate myself to work?

I'm an 18 year old college student who is struggling to find any sort of motivation, I genuinely cannot start working, This has resulted in me retaking the previous year of Education, Whether it be homework or coursework I somehow manage to get distracted by anything and everything.

I Really Really want to mean something to this world, Instead of just becoming a useless bum or shelf stacker, I want to make a difference and don't want to be the person who looks back and says "I wish I'd tried harder as a kid", Please someone help me find a way to motivate myself and
CHANGE MY LIFE.

Image for post How can I motivate myself to work?
Jobs & Employment
0 8

Work doing what you love!

How should I know?

@BetterThanEzra1119 How should I know?

What was the point in replying with this?

@What was the point in replying with this?

For op to realize that only he/she is in charge if their life. Only they can change it themselves, and no one on the internet knows the "correct" answer to this question.

@BetterThanEzra1119 For op to realize that only he/she is in charge if their life. Only they can change it themselves, and no one on...

OP just needed some advice. We're all in charge of our lives, but that doesn't stop us from asking for help or suggestions from time to time.

Your response just seemed kind of rude or passive-aggressive towards some one just asking for help.

Like Otavio said, do what you love.
If you can, make your work as interesting as possible. Or set goals/rewards for yourself. Make a list of everything you have to get done. You get the satisfaction of crossing it off the list when you're done. Once you hit, say, 3 items on your list, reward yourself with something small (Don't go overboard and allow yourself to get too distracted). Use this "reward" as a break, then go back to what needs to be done.
If you make your work fun, satisfying, or rewarding, it won't be as hard to keep focused and push your way through it.

Best of luck to you!

Think of what you can accomplish by doing the task at hand. See yourself achieving a goal, and use that as motivation to put up with and complete the loathsome tasks