In training and sustaining the mindful brain for optimal performance, is there a difference between sustained attention and working memory?

In my exploration into school-aged children becoming more mindful and whether there are clear benefits of how practicing mindfulness can help alleviate negative responses to stressful and pressured sitiuations, I have approached a theory that children as well as their support systems must first yield to possibility before approaching situations and circumstances in which they may experience optimal performance. However, while investigating the process of how mindfulness icontributes to learning, I have discovered overlapping factors of attention and memory. Is some degree of sustained attention required to sustain working memory and/or vice versa? If so, to what degree? Can one perform optimally without one or the other? Furthermore, are both factors required for mindfulness training in children and adolescents? Finally, can school-aged children practice mindfulness and reap the benefits to the same degree as adults?

Image for post In training and sustaining the mindful brain for optimal performance, is there a difference between sustained attention and working memory?
Health, Beauty & Fitness
0 0
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!