What can I suggest to people living in communities who believe the more children one has, the more helping hands there will be for old age?

I live in India, and work to help people understand the hazards of an ever increasing population. During my visits to villages & small towns in India, I try my best to educate but sometimes my arguments fall short in the face of their strong belief systems regarding population.I have seen people who already have 25 children in their family and are still trying to conceive more. The worst part is when I try to convey the consequences, they have excuses like:
We need more earning hands otherwise we will not be able to sustain in old age. Children are God's gift, we shall not challenge God, and so on.

Image for post What can I suggest to people living in communities who believe the more children one has, the more helping hands there will be for old age?
Countries & Places
0 0
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!