Do you consciously have an emotional demarcation point: respect/disrespect, love/hate - what is neutral?

I operate under the principle that it takes as much effort to hate someone as to love them, and it takes as much effort to disrespect someone as to respect them. It's all interactions, and it's all energy that we expend.

Make no mistake, I'm not preaching love and sunshine to all. I just think that hating someone is allowing them to occupy space in my brain that is doing nothing good for my own health, so I am a proponent of the "Love it or Leave it" pairing over "Love and Hate".

Further, there are billions of people on this planet and we simply cannot make an emotional investment into each and every one as individuals (n.b.: that is distinct from having an emotional investment in the future of humanity as a whole).

The question: are you conscious about your emotional investments (or emotional responses) to people? Do you have a neutral state? Do you choose who you will and will not invest in?

Also, please (briefly) define your usage of the terms.

Image for post Do you consciously have an emotional demarcation point: respect/disrespect, love/hate - what is neutral?
Relationships
0 0
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!