What are some ideas I can explore for my children as they approach the age for higher education?

Here are some of my current thoughts.

1. College is fine if you know why you are going, what you would like to major in, what kind of job you want, and that particular job requiring a degree.

2. If you do not need that, or want that, then education is still important but you can learn from Itunes U, The khan Academy, and a plethora of other online sources that will give you a great education for free.

3. If your chosen field does not require a degree, such as self-employed, then the college money can be spent on startup-up fees, industry seminars, travel, research etc.

4. There are many free intern programs or vocational schools that can teach some wonderful professions and these are viable options.

5. If they graduate high school, have no idea what to do then they can go into the workforce and play around until they find a niche

I realize a lot of this will depend on what my daughters decide to choose to do and when they decide.

A couple of concerns I have are overcoming the social pressure to go to college, as well as my ingrained thoughts that you must go to college. I also do not want to do a disservice to my daughters and would like to leave a lot of options open for them.

Thoughts? other points of view?

Image for post What are some ideas I can explore for my children as they approach the age for higher education?
People & Celebrities
0 0
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!