What would you rather choose, power or money? Are they necessary for humanity's well-being?

My partner is currently studying business and one day he asked me 'what would you rather choose, power or money?', at first I instantly said neither (I despise the both because of the negative impact and damage I have seen them do to people). He insisted that I had to choose either one, so after putting a fair bit of thought into it, I chose power. I chose this not because I wanted to have authority over other people, but because I wanted to have that little more acknowledgement, especially from those more stubborn and ignorant, so they can hear me speak about peace, ending war, equality and so on.

He of course was asked and answered this question from a business perspective (our debate over this is still in session). However, I am interested to see what others would choose and why. Also, is having power and money necessary for humanity's sustainment upon this Earth? If we designed our world in a different accordance than what it has become, for example, where we didn't have to buy things, we didn't have presidents or prime ministers etc. would we have been as successful in development as now?

Image for post What would you rather choose, power or money? Are they necessary for humanity's well-being?
Politics
0 1