When did you stop believing you are immortal?

I believe each personn reach a day when he or she realized that they are not immortal. For some it was a brutal event that faced them close to the end, for others it was smoother.

Image for post When did you stop believing you are immortal?
Life
0 6

The day I was born

Well, people aren't immortal. It's what people do that is immortal. A person who is physically dead can live forever through the works that they did and accomplished on earth. For instance, Tupac is dead but he lives through his music which is still being played, today. Martin Luther King is dead, but many still know his name because of what he did.

Oh, and people also live on through their children. We can't physically live forever. Even someone that reaches the age of a thousand will eventually die. But technically, depending on what we do while we're alive, we are immortal.

I never believed I was immortal. I knew everybody died since I can remember.

That varies greatly. Physically, you are not immortal. There's no reason to think such, either. However, what you do, easily could be. Walt Disney, Martin Luther King Jr., Tupac... They're all people who have been dead for some time now, but you know each of their names and what they've done. Steve Jobs is another from recently. Bill Gates will be another. You can be one as well. It just depends on how you live your life. Legacies are immortal. You've heard, I'm sure, about a deceased family member that you may not have been lucky enough to know, or not very well. That's their legacy. That's immortal. However, physically, nobody is, and shouldn't believe so.

When I saw an accident.