Have you believed something - or the idea of something - and discovered you were mistaken, or wrong? What's your story & what did you learn?

Our world view often conjures up ideas or beliefs that seem to 'fit' within it. We often cluster beliefs with ideas or behaviors that 'sound' right to us. Every now and then, the ideas we hold are simply wrong, or at least need to be questioned. I'd like to hear examples of paradigm shifts that changed your world view or point of view. When have you been mistaken?

These experiences, or paradigm shifts, often surface through cultural beliefs, politics, in beliefs relating to sustainability and environmental preservation, or human behavior/relationships - but are certainly not limited to these. What have you assumed to be true or right, and suddenly found yourself doubting your certainty?

Image for post Have you believed something - or the idea of something - and discovered you were mistaken, or wrong? What's your story & what did you learn?
People & Celebrities
0 2

Well, there was a time when I thought god was real. Then I realized that god, if he is real, does nothing to interfere in our world. So it makes since to me that there is no god. And if there is, he cares not what one believes.

I used to believe cats had 9 lives and I used to believe my parents were born in the 1800's. Haha!