I am not getting paranoid but why so much money invested in future spying equipment?

Last week there was a robot who could fly like a bird, a technological revolution indeed. However a little cam and a signal transmission system can easily be mounted on it, right?. Today a light bulb which can sent information. You'll surely be afraid to share your secrets in the light of a bulb...I'm thinking more about politicians, journalist, industries. News of the world has already create much havoc around the globe, what could be more dreadful? Wouldn't it be wiser to invest in projects which will lead humanity to do more generous actions and develop their lost faculty of 'sharing' with genuine intentions and nothing else?
I hope I am not getting paranoid.

Image for post I am not getting paranoid but why so much money invested in future spying equipment?
Health, Beauty & Fitness
0 4

The prisoners' dilemma, in a way...
It's better to cooperate and be generous, but only if everyone plays the game.

We could stop spying, but we are probably being spied on ; people are learning what's going on here without us to know what's going on elsewhere.
That is a disadvantage that no country seems to want.

Same for armies : No country would ever need one if none of them had one.

New technology exists that denies current spy tools. And new technology costs money.