Efficiency or laziness: Is text messeging ruining the young generations personal skills? Is the paper world coming to an end?

I wonder if out of sheer laziness the people of the now Playstation Generation have created their own spin off of the English language using terribly idiotic abbreviations for so called emotions. The real kicker is, its not just effecting the younger generations anymore, its spread like a virus to the older generations also, its odd enough my dad sending me text messages but even more sickening when they say "LOL UR FUNY : )" OMFG dad, (Yes, pun intended). Isn’t amazing that a one generations spurt within the technology industry is single handedly wiping out the now English language. Maybe I shouldn’t be so harsh but that is the beauty of having your own opinion now isn’t it. But I should at least look at it from a few other points. The paper world is coming to an end, and no matter how bad some of us would like to keep it, eventually cost effectiveness and efficiency will always win the war, so maybe this change in the English language is not a bad thing. The only languages that never change are the ones that cant survive, they grow out of their own times, and more efficient languages arise, look at Latin or Greek, they are still used but very few still actually speak them anymore. So with that being said maybe this is just the next stage in the life of this language. I have seen kids it grade school that can text faster than they can talk, and the sad things is, is that these kids are learning this new way to talk to people without actually talking to them, these kids are masters of the texting and Messaging side of things but have not even learned social skills for when they are face to face talking with people, and most all the adults are still clinging on to what in my eyes is proper English. And with that my grip on the language loosens, for I know we can’t stop the masses, even if they are giving up the beautiful language for nothing more than efficiency. I implore you my friends can you find the line that separates efficiency from laziness?

Image for post Efficiency or laziness: Is text messeging ruining the young generations personal skills? Is the paper world coming to an end?
Technology
0 1
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!