Recycling is a perfect way to keep the earth going, but why don't I see much of this happening?

Recycling can save our earth, our resources, our... everything but why can I still see pollution? Why are cars still running on diesel? I don't exactly understand...

purplegirls avatar Countries & Places
0 19

'Cause people are lazy shits.

Money. A clean car has been available for a long time, but lobbyists for oil companies prevented the development for a long time. A car running on water would be very unprofitable for them and put a lot of companies out of business.

Maybe you show to the world the example

In nature there is no waste. We produce waste. In nature it seems that something like money doesn't exist. If yet it is so, the natural "currency" do a invisible good job!

Yeah, I see the issue here. Despite all that, isn't there still a way for us to develop a green future?

@purplegirl Yeah, I see the issue here. Despite all that, isn't there still a way for us to develop a green future?

There is still a way, but people don't want to do anything that slightly inconveniences them. If more people don't become more willing to make a change, it isn't going to happen.

I disagree with the first part.

@purplegirl With which part?

"Recycling is the perfect way to keep the world going"

Recycling still produces so much pollution and waste...

@drhannah "Recycling is the perfect way to keep the world going" Recycling still produces so much pollution and waste...

Do you mean that there is still waste despite recycling, or that the actual act of recycling produces waste?

@drhannah Both.

How does recycling produce waste? The only thing I can think of is when people try and recycle things that can't actually be recycled, so recycling companies have no choice but to throw it away. Even then, I think there would still be less waste than if someone decided not to recycle at all.

@rilara How does recycling produce waste? The only thing I can think of is when people try and recycle things that...

Transportation of the material to be recycled, cleaning it, melting it, all the processes involved require energy. It is still less waste than if someone decided not to recycle at all, but this is not a permanent solution.

@drhannah Transportation of the material to be recycled, cleaning it, melting it, all the processes involved require energy...

I see. At first it sounded like you were against recycling, but I see your point.

I don't think it's a permanent solution either. Recycling should become something that we regularly do, even if we manage significantly reduce the amount of waste on earth. I don't see it as a effective enough to solve all the world's problems.

I understand what you mean as well. But we can use renewable energy sources, and for transport, we can use electrical vehicles.... True I can imagine some pollution but it shoudn't be too much trouble, right?

You don't see much of it happening because recycling does the planet absolutely no good at all.