0

What is the most important things for the Third world countries like Myanmar?

0 7

To not be called "third world" like they are inferior to the a-holes like Americans and Europeans who think they are hot-stuff because they have cell phones and cars and consume resources like they were endless gifts of nature. Maybe.

@1936050

It is a phrase coined by economist in the "first world" and it is offensive. "Third" anything sucks.
"Developing Economies" is a more nicer term for what you are referring to, however...

In the 1950's "Third World" referred to countries not aligned with either NATO (United States/UK = the First World), or the Communist Block (USSR/China/ Cuba = Second World).

This included very prosperous places like Switzerland and Austria because they did not align with NATO or USSR.

After the cold war there is no clear or agreed upon definition of "Third World." Some countries such as Cuba and Myanmar are regarded as "Third World," because under the older definition many (but not all) "Third World" countries were non-industrialized.

It has become a stereotype to refer to poor countries as "third world". The "third world" term is also often taken to include newly industrialized countries like India, Brazil or China (that should be called "emerging economies" instead of "developing economies".

Also, why is there a "need" to industrialize ever freakin' inch of this planet. Some smaller counties are very happy to exist without modern "conveniences." Check out Bhutan as an example.

@VicZinc To not be called "third world" like they are inferior to the a-holes like Americans and Europeans who think they...

Someone once told me that they did not like how people referred to countries as developing and developed

my argument is that no country is developed
they're all developing

no way they know whether or not they (the countries) have reached their max potential

then again
someone would say I'm just fighting with semantics
which would irritate me into saying
"well yeah, I am debating the meaning of those words so what else would I be arguing about if not semantics"
hmmph

I hear the "you're just fighting with semantics" too often

it's because I get caught up in the words so much that I miss the big picture (from time to time)

then, I decide I'm not so irritated

@fuzala Someone once told me that they did not like how people referred to countries as developing and developed my...

I am with you. semantics is about the only thing that we has humans have with which to share understanding. It is all semantics.

I believe a lot of these countries are plagued by corruption. What would need to happen, in these countries, would be the development of a small elite police force with the aim of eliminating corruption. The only way to ensure that these men do not in fact become corrupt will be to offer something no one else can. Now this may seem impossible, but let us see how they fair with the potential for corruption which is alternative.

stop the genocide of the Rohingya people in Myanmar

those minorities are my peeps