Are we too quick to write God off of our lives?

My question is, are we too quick to write God off of our lives?
It seems as though as there is a bias in the scientific community against debating the possibility of a higher creator. Some avoid debating the subject; something that goes head first against the most basic principle of scientific debate. Some go as far as declare atheism is the only logical way to live our lives. The argument is usually based in that:

• God cannot be logically proven
  • Evidence that proves evolution has steadily grown over the past century.

Problem is(in my view, and this is where I want to get you guy's opinions)...

• Just because something, in this case God, cannot be proven, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
  • Evolution does not automatically deny the existence of God, as that could have easily be the method God used to create us.
    (Also, it is worth mentioning that when I say God I do not mean the christian God, but any higher authority that has the power to create us.)

So, are we too quick to write God off of our lives?

Religion
1 8

It took me several years to completely come to the conclusion that I do not believe in the Christian God. I don't think several years of thought process counts as 'too quick'.

Well, I thought about whether god exists or not more than the existence of any other thing that people have said to exist but have no proof.

I don't think it's a case of me writing off the existence of God. But more to do with no proof coming forward, taking into account that the burden of proof falls within those who claim god's existence.

Of course, acceptance of God comes with embracing mystery and wonder in the world, and I find that a little bit beautiful.