+42

Human rights and philosophy should be taught in school!

As a member of the Sudanese community, where human rights are constantly violated and where people, mostly the younger generations, do not tend to engage in critical issues affecting the whole nation, I believe that Education should be changed and transformed into teaching the students how to think philosophically and lay the foundation for that since nursery school, rather than indoctrinating them with ideologies and beliefs that would just dull their minds and make them incapable of questioning things, and taking initiative to find solutions to problems.
Many people here are very unaware of their rights, know nothing about vital issues like economics, for example, and completely oblivious to what's written in the Constitution.

Topicss avatar Philosophy
0 5

I agree, however such topics should be put as electives. My reasoning behind that is because I barely get enough fun classes as it is, I don't need them being lessened even more.

I would agree, but I feel like teachers would project their opinion on matters heavily, so that students are unlikely to form their own. Schools already teach students how to think. I don't think they should also teach us how to feel.

@Erythromania I would agree, but I feel like teachers would project their opinion on matters heavily, so that students are...

You have a very good point. In my psychology class I'm already being taught that how I feel is wrong.