-9

The time is NOW for people to stand up and say 'No More Assault Weapons" and not wait for the government to legislate the change.

Change starts when people change, not when governments legislate change. Think back to the days when driving drunk was socially acceptable, no matter who died in the process. Then Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) formed. The rest is history.

The time is 'now o'clock'. We will change our resopnse to violence and stop purchasing violence video games as gifts for our children, and stop patronizing films that promote violence, mayhem and murder. Glorifying the horrific has become the norm.

What happened in Newtown, CT should never happen again.

Remember Mahatma Ghandi's words: "Be the change you want to see in the world". The time is now o'clock!

Politics
0 6

Now is the time to purchase up all the "assault weapons" because you assholes are trying to take them away. Oh, wait, I can't. Because I'm from CT and now they're fucking banned.

And you know what? Nothing changed. Not a damn thing. I still hear about people getting shot. The only thing that changed is people like myself can no longer indulge in our passion. I don't really care if my guns scare you; your stupidity frightens me. If you are afraid of my guns, I have to assume you're trying to harm me in some way.

Mike_Hawks avatar Mike_Hawk Disagree +4Reply

Speaking of glorification, what about the attention mass murderers obtain after they kill a few dozen people? Granted, it's negative attention but it's attention nonetheless. For somebody who has nothing to lose, who might want to go out of this world with a bang, may perhaps try to go out in a way that captures a lot of attention for themselves i.e school shootings.

One solution would definitely be to teach everyone to look for warning signs that a person may partake in such an event. Perhaps another would be keeping the news media from giving these murderers the attention they were seeking.

Maybe if we could snap our fingers to completely erase all guns from the planet, that would be for the best. But that's not how it works. For the millionth time, preventing people with good intentions from having guns only leaves them in the hands of people with bad intentions.

I say we start with the cops who abuse their power

fuck yeah 'murica - "where if you don't believe what i say, i'll shoot your fuckin head off"$