Why is innovation such a chore?

Within the age of technology and an abundance of resources, why is innovation so hard for people to grasp? In the book, "Innovators DNA" they point out that innovation and creativity are not qualities that are introduced through genetics, rather they are learned. If this is the case, why do people find it so hard to create associations and develop new ideas? Less than 10% of the world is providing all of the new technologies and products for the rest of the 90%. In any other environment or setting this sort of ratio would consider the 90% to be free loaders or cheaters.
Our society needs more forward thinking people that are taking ideas and seeing them to reality. Although we have more information, technology, and resources at our fingertips than ever before, we are not utilizing them to their fullest potential. What will it take to transform a society from depending on the less than 10% to provide new ideas, to a society that is equally involved and invested in our innovative progression?

Animals & Nature
Share
0 1
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!
Please   login   or signup   to leave a comment.