Is Psychology applied Philosophy? Should we study closer at the underlying philosophical foundations of many Psichology theories/research?

I'm very curious about Psychology and Philosophy, mostly self learned, not an academic or even a remote practitioner (my work is around business). So I'd really like some help with this idea.

The more I read about the different branches of Psychology the more I can see a simile to other sciences. Like in physics there is theoretical and experimental, in mathematics theory and application are very distinguishable branches, but yet in philosophy how do you experiment with the concepts? how to discard an idea as superior than other from practical experimentation?

Then I turn to psychological research trying to understand the mind, our behavior, our intrinsic motivation and the relationship with our communities. isn't it an attempt to validate scientifically not only the psychological theory but also the underlying philosophy guiding the experiment/observation?

Life
0 3
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!