Where are we headed?

This is the start of something, Im not sure what but it is something that EVERYONE needs to think about. I am writing more and dont really care if you disagree, my point of view is important as everyone's is;

I cried tonight, for the first time since childhood.

It wasn't for myself; I have had my father die, as well as many close relatives, and long term relationships end since the last time I cried. It was for humanity and where we are and continue to head, and how funny I thought it was ; so hopeless its hilarious.
A famous scene from The Matirx a Major movie; the main character see's for the first time what humanity really was, sleeping people in the smallest of places.
Im not sure if this is what the filmmaker was hinting at, but it's my take. Everywhere I look I see city after city filled with 100's of condo buildings being built, each with smaller units than the last. All have 10's of floors with these small sized "living" spaces, with 1 or 2 floors on top that may be somewhat acceptable for true living; but are unaffordable for the average person. Not only are these the only places being built for average living, average people are forced to compete and pay top dollar and sign their lives away for these spaces, while the few on the top floors most likely have other top floor residences in other buildings and cities.
We are paying to be boxed in, and working very hard to do so. no longer the picketed fence dream
Over the last century we have seen a lot of advancement, but at the same time have circled back around to similar circumstances as our ancestors in the 1700's fighting monarchies. We now deal with a complete imbalance in wealth of another kind, something perpetuated through corporate lawyers and lobbyists. Democracies can only work if it is actually 1 voice, 1 vote. Not 5 voices controlling the policies, with the average voice being lost in dollar votes.

anyone interested in more?

Life
0 1
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!