Why not make drastic changes to how we produce food? Aeroponic technology answers so many of our agriculture problems with one solution.

Here are the benefits:

• Water use is drastically lower than conventional farms
  • Aeroponic farms can be built anywhere and grow anything we want. You can have fresh crops specific to the geographic demand. Meaning the day you buy a fruit or vegetable was the day it was picked from the farm. (Meaning more time sitting at home fresh rather then in route to your grocer)
  • Aeroponic farms can fit into any abandoned building or any funky shaped buildings as well.
  • Crops have no season. You can grow more food in a year.
  • zero soil dependency
  • No pesticides
  • Higher quality and predictability in yeild
  • Easily maintained
  • Comfortable working conditions
  • Annual yield per square foot is about 75x that of conventional farm land.

If you don't believe me on these stated fact, do your own research. I bet you will be surprised at what you find.

My question to everyone who finds this is why are we not dropping massive amounts of money into creating more Aerofarms. Does this not seem like the answer that Jonathan Foley is looking for?

Or

Maybe I'm missing some massive fundamental flaw and it would never work.

What do you all think about farms being located in the middle of cities on top of our grocer stores specifically designed to grow crops that the local area has a higher demand for?

• No washing required before eating (saves even more water)
Technology
0 1
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!