+5

What if instead of competing for top spot, we helped each other achieve our goals. Without compensation.

So often in life our jobs use competition to determine who is going to get the next raise or promotion. We fight to bring each other down rather than bring each other up. I know that sounds right. We are taught from the time we are children that life is a survival of the fittest. That only the strong survive, and that it's a dog eat dog world. Now I agree that all these things are true. At least in today's view of the world and business.
But I think we can change that. I think that we can take a new view on business. There are successful business models that are built on the model of building those below us up. In fact this business model is taught at some of the best universities around.

Life
0 1

There is a lot of sport like that. Try running in a marathon, for one.