All sources of energy have negative aspects, granted some are more damaging than others. Is nuclear power not just the lesser of many evils?

There is a huge demand for energy in our world and many many ways in which we can produce it. I do not know of an energy source that does not have a negative side to it. Whilst the damage nuclear waste may cause is not something to be ignored, it is difficult to use this as a reason to avoid nuclear energy altogether.

A couple of ideas I have been thinking about:
I believe research in nuclear energy should be focused towards how to deal with the waste. Nuclear energy should continue to expand at the same time in order to apply pressure to this research. Any thoughts?

Does anyone have any comments on where an amount of energy comparative to that produced by nuclear power stations could come from? And if so what are the pros and cons to this source?

Books
0 1