Could the unemployment crisis force the end of social media?

As it stands right now, almost half of hiring companies screen potential new hires for their web content.

With 750 million users on Facebook, all writing things very searchable and at times personal, will social media be undone by employers who carry the threat of not hiring because one talks about themselves? In addition, do you think not hiring due to social content will ever become something a person can sue for? I also wonder if this dooms social media to go the route of being business only.

Technology
0 4
@1937441

One of the bias' I will never stop having a problem with, is not hiring someone because of their tattoos. My friend was going in for a job interview and was told to leave because she had a tattoo on her wrist. I can understand that some people might be intimidated by someone covered in face tattoos or something, but since the average person isn't tattoo'd like Rick Genest (Zombie Boy), it's ridiculous to turn down qualified applicants because of something that very often can be covered.

@ScottyD One of the bias' I will never stop having a problem with, is not hiring someone because of their tattoos. My friend...

This is because political correctness is a pandemic (at least in the US). Employers are understandably afraid of being sued for not taking all views into consideration. This is a sue happy country and it's too easy to sue an employer for being politically incorrect... First world problems... It's a dirty shame...