+2

More rights for patients and their loved ones.

I feel, in my experience that patients opinions and their loved ones opinions have been lost in the process of diagnosing and treating a disease or illness. An example. My mother had been sick for 3 years. And was constantly misdiagnosed. I researched online numerous times trying to find an answer for what was going on with my mother. I would bring it up to loads of different doctors. She was in and out of the hospital constantly. And every time I attempted to bring up something I felt in my opinion should be looked at. I was met with something like "Let me do my job." I felt like the doctors treated my mother and I as a third party in her healthcare. There ended up being a lot of things I was right about. And a lot of things they were wrong about. And now I'm left with countless "What if?" questions. "What if they would listened? Could there of been a different treatment?"

Things like this are plaguing my mind now after the passing of my mother on July 6th. So what this boils down to, is that I feel like the patients and the patients loved ones should be treated like human beings and heard when they have an opinion on their healthcare. And people told us to get second opinions. Not only did we get 2nd. We got 3rd, 4th, 5th and so on. And always got the same answer. And in the end they were all incorrect. So I am trying to get at the root of the problem I've seen from personal experience. Is that I feel the patient should be an essential tool in their healthcare. And so should their family. Not looked at as uneducated, and unequipped to make any decisions. Because that is the way 20+ doctors made my mother and I feel in her remaining years. And that is very unfair. There is my two cents on this issue I feel is a big issue in today's society. Healthcare needs to become less mainframe and more personal.

Health, Beauty & Fitness
0 0
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!