+7

If God exists, he created them all.

I will start of by mentioning that I'm Agnostic.

If God exists, he created every religion on Earth. So if we find ourselves at the Pearly Gates after we die, one cannot be condemned for not following a religion when they all claim to be 'the' religion, whilst contradicting each other.

It's a great shame that people live their lives, something finite, in the hope or vacant understanding that there maybe something beyond this life, which isn't definite.

I understand that religion has its bonuses. It's comforting to think that there may be something greater than us, a grand scheme, a plan. It's also comforting that when in dire situations you can find refuge in faith.
I understand that most religious fundamentals teach values that a good parent should teach their child; Not to kill or steal etc.

But should that be enough to let religion persist? I don't want to insult anyone, and I fully understand that there are positive aspects of religion, but there are also negative influences.
Most people are introduced to religion at an age where they are young and impressionable, and if you grow up thinking something is right then there's no interest there to question it unless someone proposes an idea and you're open enough to consider it.

What do you think?

I sincerely apologize if anything I have said has offended anyone, I am just trying to say things the way I see them. I am more than happy to accept and consider other opinions, so by all means correct me anywhere you think I'm wrong.

Thank you for your time.

Religion
0 11

That is true. He created the good and the evil. I believe God did not instead for the evil to be evil. I believe that he gave them many chances but they always turned away or ignored him.

...what?

I think god has nothing to do with any of our terrestrial religions.

I really appreciate the salon-type atmosphere you provided with the last few sentences you wrote -- we're all free to share our knowledge, opinions, and random thoughts. Thanks for that. ~I've studied Christian theology a little bit, and my insight due to that is that the answer to your question is a little complex. It deals with the subjects of Compatibilism, Decree versus Will, and the Nature of man...stuff I can't sufficiently explain here. ~A theologically informed Christian would say something like this: People generally recognize God (Yahweh Elohim) through nature, but due to brokenness just receive a vague picture; different worldviews and religions then naturally sprout up; but part of God's whole plan includes revelation...so the idea is that "true religion" (or a "relationship" as some would call it) is planted in Israel among all the weeds and is expanded to the Globe over time. ~Some reflective, evidential, and skeptical people have changed religions as adults, or for the first time joined one; even being raised around one as a kid doesn't necessarily keep a person from asking questions. It depends on the particular local religious community. ~If you find an individual who's Willfully ignorant, that in and of itself doesn't necessarily say anything about the truth or falsehood of their religion. I think that's close to something called the Genetic Fallacy. Anyway, there's a lot we can all research. Good luck with your continued intellectual voyage. ~news2urears

There is always the possibility of multiple higher powers.

I don't get why a lot of people believe that there can be only one deity.

What if every religion is right, and all of these deities exist?

@BuddyCakes There is always the possibility of multiple higher powers. I don't get why a lot of people believe that there can...

Well based upon the beliefs of some monotheistic religions, it is a sin to believe in any other gods.

Who created god?

@JohnJillky Humans.

That seems circular. Are you suggesting that humans can create god but god cannot create humans?

I would argue that there is no god and humans imagined god (not created god). If humans created god then god exists.