+11

Is "sustainability" even possible under our current monetary paradigm? I submit that it isn't. Our monetary system demands obsolescence!

There is a lot of talk about "Green Business" and "Sustainability", but here is the thing - our whole financial paradigm is based on CONSUMPTION. "Sustainability" is just that - a dynamic rooted in a steady state or sustained equilibrium.

I don't believe we can make much of an environmental impact without seriously examining our monetary system. What do you guys think?

Life
0 3

No, there could be a system where we reduce consumption to only the things we need to survive and exchange these things with money.

@StickCaveman No, there could be a system where we reduce consumption to only the things we need to survive and exchange these...

This would make us poorer, and I think few of the people supporting the idea you presented would actually be ready to give what it takes.
Lowering consumption may be a solution, but no country will agree to regress as other continue growing (cause there will never be an unanimous agreement on that).

http://www.amirite.com/797306-w...d-obsolescence

It's always a conspiracy, for power, money and to rule over everyone.

That has to stop.