Does competition belong in education?

I can't speak for other nations, but as far as the United States is concerned, students are constantly competing for the best test scores, top school rankings, and the best educational resumes relative to their peers. This is a major problem that has been overlooked for decades. (For the most part) Students aren't genuinely trying to develop themselves intellectually, and instead are just trying to stay ahead of the curve-- because that's the key for success in the US public education system. It has become a nasty cycle in the US that has been continuing for decades. I think there is a good chance that it leads to higher college drop-out rates and post-educational problems in particular.

Countries & Places
0 2

I think there should be more emphasis on collaboration. Competition is great, I don't see a problem with it at all. I think a little competition is definitely natural and healthy. I'm just not really sure the best place for it is a classroom.