+4

Outlaw war. It is challenging to know that there are people in power who act as if they are heartless.

It is my belief that most people are good, caring individuals. What I see as the problem are the propaganda machines. Every nation has them. We are all to some degree susceptible to their influence. What I believe this nation should do is cease and desist all actions that involve invasion of another country. We should bring our forces home and have a requirement that each person is responsible only for defending his/her own property. And that if someone aggresses against you, you have the right to defend yourself. I suspect that this would stop war once and for all to a great extent. I suspect that this would also encourage people to find other means to settle their differences than a resort to violence.

Topicss avatar Politics
0 2

What if one country attacks another country that outlawed war? Is the attacked country supposed to sit and let their country be ravaged, and its people murdered?

I think war should be the last resort possible, but making something illegal because you believe in the inherent goodness of people isn't going to work. People are released from prisons after being "rehabilitated" and then go and commit the exact same crime. I also believe that most people are genuinely good people at their core. I just don't think that we should outlaw something that we might need in case of emergencies.

rilaras avatar rilara Disagree 0Reply

First: They're not acting. They are heartless.
Who would enforce that law and how?
Wouldn't it require going to war?
You'd have a war on war