+11

Sometime I feel that countries are becoming, or will be made, obsolete by commercial and organizational interests.

In the future there will be ‘citizens’ of the ‘nation’ of Exxon, the University of Chicago, Archer Midland Daniels, Harvard, Apple, General Electric, Citibank, Blue Cross & Blue Shield, etc. Either directly or indirectly, as one of the organizations feeding them or distributing whatever it is they do. That countries, or at least governments, will devolve into just something to facilitate the population serving the organizations' needs. This goes across borders, across cultures, etc.

I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not.

Conceivably it might result in a limiting of environmental damage as without people there wouldn’t be any business. If people are dying off, they'll have no one to sell to, and/or if people haven’t any money left, you can’t get more. (Although I fear it's already too late for that.)

Countries & Places
0 0
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!