With the demise of the truly world wide Torch Relay after Beijing 2008 is there an electronic way we can inspire children.prior to RIO?

In 2008, I was a Torchbearer for Beijing and the relay went to all 5 Olympic continents- 137000 kms. With 1936, being the first world relay and therefore a "Hitler" idea and with security issues around China and Tibet, the London Torch Relay only circled Athens then the British Isles - 8000 miles. There is a definite possibility that there will never be another truly worldwide torch relay where children in the southern hemisphere can be "inspired" by a Northern hemisphere Olympics? There is an opportunity with RIO, to create a "new" inspirational idea for the Olympics where cost and security are addressed and children around the world are still inspired. Post Beijing and then London I attended over 30 schools and spoke to over 10000 children about the Olympics and gave them the opportunity with another Torchbearer from 3 Olympics to hold real Olympic Torches. My thought is - there are former Torchbearers in probably every city / town in the World? If such people were encouraged to go into schools such as we have on a small scale the whole world could be inspired?

Countries & Places
0 1
There are no comments here yet. Start the conversation below!