+27

You miss the old days when people created original posts, drew their own pictures and discussed topics. Now it seems everything is canned, copied, bland, and boring.

VicZincs avatar Internet & Apps
5 16

I wish the old format of just "Yeah you are!" or "No way!" was back. Posts were so much better then. Also, I don't like the whole thing about posts that are just questions that you comment on only. People did that before on the old versions of posts and it was easier to see how many people thought one way or the other. People would tend to respond to the topic at hand with their own opinions anyways.

A hundred times yes.

I know my account is brand new, but I've actually been visiting this site account-less for years. The posts have definitely declined in value in my opinion.

I never was on in the "old days," so I guess I don't have a clue. But if there are people who were, and liked it better, then go back to what you were doing then and see what happens. It could not be any worse than all that crap that is multi-posted by robots and trolls. For a few days I think the machines were trying to take over the humans!

By the way Vic, since no one else seems to want to say it. Your drawing is lovely, and you should feel good about it.

Qeezs avatar Qeez Agree +1Reply

YES!
I used to be a regular now i just breeze in and out... commenting occasionally.

I don't even count my POTDs under the newer mods. Neither do my irl friends. We actually joke about this site and how pathetic it is. We all used to visit regularly. THIS USED TO BE SOMETHING I'D BE ON FOR HOURS EVERYDAY. But now it's just a pile of whatever and no effort or thought. Instead of having more favorites than posts, a lot of people seem to be going for more homepages than favorites. Just putting out stuff no matter how bad it is.

I want this to be a site for who ever thinks this is cool, and amirite to be a site that brings back what made it cool.

@Skr3wBall I don't even count my POTDs under the newer mods. Neither do my irl friends. We actually joke about this site and...

Also no one knows how to format a post and more. I've been agreeing and disagreeing with questions and commands which makes no sense.

"Take out the dog!" "I disagree!"
"Do you want ice cream?" "I agree!"

It's moronic.

@Skr3wBall Also no one knows how to format a post and more. I've been agreeing and disagreeing with questions and commands...

The formatting and new types of posts (questions and whatnot) have really taken away the sort of "Amirite"-ness of Amirite. It was nice to play around the format we had to use, it made the witty posts specifically witty on Amirite in many cases and although I filtered out "amirite?" from posts as I read them, I miss it now that it's gone. It's so much more neat to have that, it was like one of the "thing"s the site had. Now everything's more generic and copy/pastable and blesh.

Lens avatar Len Agree +1Reply
@1936918

I'm complaining until I can think of about 7.

I have a whole 0 so you can say the progress is going well.

@1936921

Trust me, those of us that we're making creative posts, still posted creative stuff during the shift. It just never made it into the public view like it used, and gradually many of us became discouraged.

Qeezs avatar Qeez Agree +3Reply
@Qeez Trust me, those of us that we're making creative posts, still posted creative stuff during the shift. It just never...

This^.

I use to enjoy thinking of something really funny, "I'll surely get to the homepage with this, god damn I'm hilarious and sexy and everyone knows it," but now I think, "Wow fuck, if I post this on Amirite I'll probably get banned or something retarded. Well at least people still know I'm still sexy."

Lens avatar Len Agree +2Reply