+21

Oprah may want to get a full psychological evaluation and have her medications adjusted before making statements comparing the death of Trayvon Martin to that of Emmett Till in 1955.

Oprah just did her race a HUGE disservice by making this comparison. The 2 incidents are WORLDS apart. Something is majorly wrong with a woman who picks these 2 stories to compare.
I am NOT a racist, but if I was black, I would standing up SCREAMING at Oprah for what she just said. And just because she is filthy ass rich and has her own network (no pun intended), does NOT mean she should get by with this. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and President Obama should all 3 show up at her doorstep and tell her to rescind her statement. We all KNOW if ANY white person made that comparison, there would be a major war over it.
As long as the black community allows blacks to get by with being racist in their comments, racism will NOT slow down or be eradicated. Oprah just slapped Rosa Park's valiant efforts right in the face and told her race to go to the back of the bus! Very interesting note that Rosa did what she did in 1955 as well.

Oprah says the shooting of Trayvon Martin is the 'same thing' as the torture and murder of Emmett Till in 1955While promoting her new movie, 'The Butler,' Oprah Winfrey compared the death of Trayvon Martin to the 1955 murder of 14-year-old Emmett Till, which helped ignite the civil rights movement.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2385228/Oprah-compares-Trayvon-Martin-Emmett-Till.html
freespeechfreelancers avatar People & Celebrities
0 2

The bottom part about seeing her movie would help white people made me chuckle a little.