+60

I am 22 years old and I have been friends with my best friend since birth. We have been through literally everything together. I recently wasn't invited to her wedding because it was family only. I'm not crazy for thinking it's nuts that just because we don't share the same blood that I should be considered family because of how long we knew each other and how close we are.

Language
0 12

I get that sort of thing, as much as I hate it.

See, you're really close with her, right? But think about how close she is to plenty of other people and how close her groom is to a fair few people?

I'd imagine it's family only because they don't have the money for, or simply don't want, a large wedding so they can just spare the feelings of everyone who they'd not invite by not inviting anyone but their family.

Or something. Maybe.

family only

first time I heard of that one

@fuzala family only first time I heard of that one

That's what she told me the wedding is going to consist of. I guess if being friends since birth and being there with her through literally everything doesn't make me family well then I guess we weren't as close as I thought. Oh well live and learn.

@fuzala oh man you're going through a lot first the wedding and then the texting

Well it's amazing how the people who you love the most can hurt you the most. What can you say people suck sometimes.

@somuchcooleronline Well it's amazing how the people who you love the most can hurt you the most. What can you say people suck sometimes.

well just remember you can only control your own actions
not that of others

it's only natural that the people we love hurt us

I think that's a little self-righteous of you, I get it, but I don't think you should be so defensive or unfriend her. She should be able to spend her most special moment with the two families that are joining together. If you want to be the odd one out and spend time with your friend who probably wants time with her spouse more than anyone anyway, fine by me, crash it.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Disagree +1Reply
@Skr3wBall I think that's a little self-righteous of you, I get it, but I don't think you should be so defensive or unfriend...

I understand that she wants to spend time with both families but my point is that at this point I would think that I would be considered family.

@1940339

I'm completely lost at this post.

@somuchcooleronline I'm completely lost at this post.

it's not related to your post

I think this person is just spamming

I'm curious to read the thoughts of the people who disagree with me on this.

I know it seems that way, but it would be kind of disrespectful. Hey, I don't give enough of a fuck to get upset about it, but I don't agree with it, either. I'm just explaining it to you.

Chickys avatar Chicky Disagree 0Reply