-10

How to fix a country - target and kill all Christians! Amirite?

My post is clearly sarcasm, facetious, and a bit satirical.
I know some of you could care less that masses of Christians are being slaughtered, burned out of their churches, and beheaded. But that is only because it is not a group you belong to. If it were happening to gays, minorities, or animals, many of you would be completely outraged. If we truly believe in equality and freedom for all, then we should all be equally outraged over atrocities happening to ANY group.

freespeechfreelancers avatar Religion
0 17
The voters have decided that freespeechfreelancer is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I agree with your sentiment and won't up-vote the post due to the possibility of miscommunication of its intent. The slaughter in Egypt is sickening.

Sure, but if there wasn't any religion this wouldn't be a problem.

@speckleasme Sure, but if there wasn't any religion this wouldn't be a problem.

Religion is not a problem, and our Constitution was written with religious values and views in mind. Since one of its guarantees is the freedom of religion and Congress not being allowed to pass any law prohibiting the exercise of such, religion obviously matters. It has existed among all races and civilizations, and will not be leaving the planet at any point and time.

@speckleasme I'm not saying that it will. I'm just saying that it should.

And I am not trying to be difficult, but NO, it shouldn't. More (if not most) people throughout history have ascribed to some religious concepts or ideals. I actually believe it is inborn in all human beings. I would cite, as I did above, that NO civilization that we are aware of in all history has been absent of some sort of deity. The deity may differ, but the fact that they exist, even in the remotest tribes on the planet, can not be a coincidence or mistake. Humanity yearns for a higher power and something bigger than themselves.

@freespeechfreelancer And I am not trying to be difficult, but NO, it shouldn't. More (if not most) people throughout history have...

All religions were originally created because humanity did not understand something. In early civilizations, most religions were centered around the sun because those civilizations did not understand it. Once a scientific explanation for the sun was found, religions started finding explanations for the beginning of the universe, since it is something that we did not and still do not understand completely. When a clear scientific explanation for the beginning of the universe emerges, religion will no doubt shift its point of focus, ignoring the fact that it has been continuously wrong.

@speckleasme All religions were originally created because humanity did not understand something. In early civilizations, most...

So if science explains and is the answer to all things, as so many of you young and ignorant people believe, why do so many religions still exist? I clearly stated that humans have an innate desire and yearning for something bigger and higher than themselves. Mankind is NOT the measure of all things. Any honest, rational, and thinking person knows there has to be something greater than us. So religions were NOT started out of ignorance, they were started because of a need to worship and recognize a higher supreme being.
And you at least admit that science does not have a clear explanation for creation - that is more than some on here will admit. Religion will never have to admit it has been wrong. It has served people faithfully for generations, and will continue to do so. If you refuse to acknowledge that humans have a spiritual part of their make up, then that is your lack of understanding and arrogance showing through.

@freespeechfreelancer So if science explains and is the answer to all things, as so many of you young and ignorant people believe, why do...

Religion has served its followers nothing but death and close-mindedness for thousands of years. If you think that God created us, why have men created so many gods?

Religions were not started out of ignorance, they are ignorance. they were started out of fear, fear of the unknown. Science does not have the answer for everything, but it will keep expanding its field of knowledge. And religion will continue to be one step ahead of it, exploiting its weak point and claiming to know all when its teachings are outdated by thousands of years.

@speckleasme Religion has served its followers nothing but death and close-mindedness for thousands of years. If you think that...

Again, brilliant ignorance.
You obviously did not take the time to look up the posts that have this whole debate already discussed. If you had, you would be making comments on those threads instead of this one.

@freespeechfreelancer Again, brilliant ignorance. You obviously did not take the time to look up the posts that have this whole debate...

Again, you ignore my question by insulting me. Are you quite done with that?

I will ask again: What has religion done for the people that is provably good for them, that could not have happened without religion?

@1945943

My spirit hurts and cries over many of the injustices occurring worldwide. But Christians dying and being slaughtered at the hands of Muslim radicals is a little more sensitive. Muslims killing Muslims is the same as whites killing whites and blacks killing blacks. It happens every single day and always has. When one group specifically targets another group BECAUSE of their beliefs, that is a bit different - but probably not in your book.

@1946010

Actually, in Burma (Myanmar), it's Buddhists killing Muslims. They're doing a cleansing and genocide of the minority Muslims there. Burma is a Buddhist majority country. As you can see, every group has their extremists. That includes Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, etc.

@freespeechfreelancer My spirit hurts and cries over many of the injustices occurring worldwide. But Christians dying and being...

Actually, in Burma (Myanmar), it's Buddhists killing Muslims. They're doing a cleansing and genocide of the minority Muslims there. Burma is a Buddhist majority country. As you can see, every group has their extremists.That includes Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, etc.

I am not fond of Christians due to past experience with them, but no-one should ever be targeted due to a denomination they fall under. If I saw someone being harassed for being themselves, I'd step in and help them, regardless of whatever they believe in or whoever they love.

No-one deserves genocide for being a certain religion, or sexual orientation, or appearance.

@LeyTheFlea I am not fond of Christians due to past experience with them, but no-one should ever be targeted due to a...

Thank you.................so very well stated. I don't address anon. comments, but it would be interesting to hear who the extremist Christians are in America killing innocent people or other Christians.