Any way you look at it, girls have it wayyy harder than guys!

44% For sure! 36% No way! 20% Other
sheyshey3213s avatar
0 59

if you look at it worldwide
I would most definitely say females have it harder

equal rights aren't common worldwide
some girls can't even go to school simply because they're female

some county(ies) didn't even let them drive!
or vote!
where they get jailed for getting raped!

men are the kings in these areas
but the women aren't allowed to be queens

maybe girls don't exactly have it harder
but the treatment of females worldwide makes it harder overall

I don't understand how anyone can deny that

and from my own experiences
I've seen people comment things that make it seem like females are still viewed as inferior even in areas that claim there are equal rights between genders

that could be my confirmation bias though
or a self fulfilling prophecy

I've watched a lot of vines lately that make it seem so

@fuzala if you look at it worldwide I would most definitely say females have it harder equal rights aren't common...

Women definitely have it harder in many parts of the world.

But really, I think being a woman in the western societies is not harder ; girls need to stop whining about them having periods... (I know it's hard in some professional careers for inst., but it's balanced by other things).

Well, on a global average, I think they indeed have it harder.

@hugo Women definitely have it harder in many parts of the world. But really, I think being a woman in the western...

Well it's not just periods. Women have it harder when it comes to all facets of reproduction. Pregnancy, for example, is obviously very taxing on a woman's body. (It is also very beautiful, but we're only talking about the tough aspects) When it comes to reproduction, all you men have to do is "spit it out" and then you're done. Lol.

It is also easier for a woman to get an STD from a male partner than vice versa, for obvious reasons.

And there is STILL sexism in the Western World, so yes, I think women have it harder.

@Rae_Caroline Well it's not just periods. Women have it harder when it comes to all facets of reproduction. Pregnancy, for...

fuzala : when I read the initial post, I didn't see it from this point. It's actually true that women aren't viewed as men, and may never be, because they simply aren't men. These different treatments are really old and won't be gone overnight. But I agree with you that they are often seen inferior to man in some regards, and that they shouldn't.

Rae_Caroline : Well reproduction may be more demanding for women... but I beg those for whom this is an actual issue : simply don't, you're not ready for it.

now here's one for discrimination against women:

http://articles.washingtonpost....fellow-soldier

on another note:

I didn't like what you said above
"oh man, they gonna be disappointed when they have it..."

that's the kind of thing I'm talking about
subtle but sharp

actually
people are constantly saying how women and minorities have it pretty good now
and that they should stop complaining

but I've read texts saying that discrimination is still pretty strong

it's just more subtle

it all hurts the same though

I say a lot of stuff here
http://www.amirite.com/772724-r...mirite/1941182

I'm surprised no one voiced anything about the above conversation. "they are getting what they always wanted and demanded and it is not working out so well." How? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought equality worked out nicely. I like being able to vote in elections and things of that nature.

@I'm surprised no one voiced anything about the above conversation. "they are getting what they always wanted and...

You ought to reply to the thread. I strongly disagree, but this is a debate that I really don't want to get into.

Being a girl isn't that hard for me. Yes, I have things easier than many other girls, but I know plenty of guys who "have it harder" than plenty of girls. (hehe smilie)

Well, guys have one thing harder than girls

@Watchful_questioneer Well, guys have one thing harder than girls

1 thing or 2? I have heard that guys have harder heads than women, so that would be 2 things.

@1941882

Boys don't get periods, they suck. My voice has "cracked" before. I've had many growth spurts and what are these things on my chest?! AHHH!!! And what about having to deal with the social nightmare of trying to be feminine?!

I love how this serious post turned into a sexual joke

@sheyshey3213 I love how this serious post turned into a sexual joke

Since guys tend to think with their second head, it was easy to see the sexual direction the post would take.

So that's why the girls want to have the same equality and be treated just like the guys...............

@hugo oh man, they gonna be disappointed when they have it...

You got it.........they are getting what they always wanted and demanded and it is not working out so well.

@Wunderscore Equal treatment =/= equal circumstances.

Kind of like that equal work = equal pay thing right?

@freespeechfreelancer Kind of like that equal work = equal pay thing right?

No. I was saying that people are different. But that people should all be treated equally, be given equal rights. So the pay issue does arise from what I was saying, but it's not what I was talking about, specifically.

@Wunderscore No. I was saying that people are different. But that people should all be treated equally, be given equal...

So you as a female, want to be treated exactly like a male? If male buddies walk up and punch one another or pinch each other's asses as gestures of bonding or close "buds," would you seriously desire and accept that equal treatment?
And what rights do you not have as a woman that men have?

@freespeechfreelancer So you as a female, want to be treated exactly like a male? If male buddies walk up and punch one another or pinch...

Sure, if I can treat those males how I treat my female friends. Equality is a two way street.
One of them is pay. Women hold fewer government titles in the US, by a large enough amount to be unexplained simply by chance. Women are also less likely to be hired than men of equal qualification.
It's both about rights and social issues.

@Wunderscore Sure, if I can treat those males how I treat my female friends. Equality is a two way street. One of them is pay...

If women are truly equal and competitive with men, why in sports aren't women dominating men in strength, distance, speed, power, endurance, or record holding? Even in golf, the women simply can not compete with men.

@freespeechfreelancer If women are truly equal and competitive with men, why in sports aren't women dominating men in strength, distance...

Because women and men aren't equal in everything. But they should be treated as such.
Using your example, the top female athlete should be comparable to the top male athlete of the same event in pay, opportunity, treatment. If they competed together, the winner would obviously be paid more, provided with more opportunities, etc. However, men's and women's athletics aren't the same, and therefore shouldn't be held to the same standard.

@Wunderscore Because women and men aren't equal in everything. But they should be treated as such. Using your example, the top...

Male sports pay more BECAUSE they are competing at a higher level of performance. So NO, women should not make as much. They are NOT performing at the same level. Get your head on straight.

How come every time I see a woman working on a road crew, she is holding the stop or slow sign, while the poor bastard guys are running the jack hammers? Sounds pretty equal and fair doesn't it?

@freespeechfreelancer How come every time I see a woman working on a road crew, she is holding the stop or slow sign, while the poor...

I'm guess thing that they don't get payed the same amount, considering tht they're performing different jobs. Also, I'm guessing that the people, men or women, working the equipment had the opportunity to hold the sign.

@Wunderscore I'm guess thing that they don't get payed the same amount, considering tht they're performing different jobs. Also...

That wasn't my point. MOST women can not handle a jack hammer, so they sure won't be doing that job will they? But the men are EXPECTED to - regardless of what it pays.

@freespeechfreelancer That wasn't my point. MOST women can not handle a jack hammer, so they sure won't be doing that job will they? But...

If someone can't do a job, they shouldn't, regardless of sex. I see men work the signs more so than I see women doing the same thing, so location likely plays more of a part than you're giving credit. I'm not saying that men don't experience inequality. I'll say it plain and simple so that I can refer back if you decide to twist my words: men and women should be treated equally, and should be given equal opportunities; this means that there should be a standard, and whoever meets or exceeds that standard, regardless of gender, can do whatever it is which the standard is for.

@Wunderscore If someone can't do a job, they shouldn't, regardless of sex. I see men work the signs more so than I see women...

I am NOT twisting anything. All I am saying is - the OPPORTUNITY for equality does in fact already exist. If a woman can cut it, she is in and can get the pay. The reason more aren't is because they can't. That is not male chauvinism - it is simply a FACT!
Women wanted to play sports with the men - so why aren't the professional fields filled with women football, baseball, or hockey stars mixed in with the men? THEY CAN'T HANG. Plain and simple. But many of them still bitch for the same pay that a man is making for what he is doing.
And have you noticed that men are not pounding down the doors to join or break in to all women exclusive clubs or organizations? Gee, I wonder why? By rights, however, they should be able to and should do it just to force the same point that feminists and women libbers have.

Why did the government demand that we lower the standards and qualifications for the police academy or for a fire fighting position JUST so women could qualify and hang with the boys? Another perfect example of equality and fairness.

@freespeechfreelancer Why did the government demand that we lower the standards and qualifications for the police academy or for a fire...

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm saying that men and women should be held to the same standard. I'm not saying that we should cut slack so that more people can do stuff. I'm saying that if a person, man or woman, can perform a task, they should be able to with the same pay and the same opportunity and the same allowance as the other sex.

@Wunderscore That's not what I'm talking about. I'm saying that men and women should be held to the same standard. I'm not...

I am too. If you want equal pay, then do exactly what the man has to do and how he does it. THAT is equal. Don't expect to hold the sign but make the same pay as the guy doing the much harder more strenuous job.

@freespeechfreelancer I am too. If you want equal pay, then do exactly what the man has to do and how he does it. THAT is equal. Don't...

That's literally exactly what I just said. I, once again, am saying that if two people, regardless of gender, perform the same task, they should receive the same benefits.

@Wunderscore That's literally exactly what I just said. I, once again, am saying that if two people, regardless of gender...

And in ANY work place to this very day, women will gladly allow and EXPECT men to get the heavy boxes down from shelves, do the moving of furniture, and any other physically demanding task while they stand around and look pretty. Nothing equal or fair about it.

IF women were truly held to the same standard, as you say you want, then there would be very few female police officers and fire fighters. Plain and simple. The average woman can not meet the same physical testing requirements of a man. A 100 pound woman could not dead lift a 250 lb. man and throw him over her shoulder to carry from a burning building. BUT because of equality and fairness, we have demanded and lowered all standards just so women could be out there with the men. That is plain stupid!

@Wunderscore Okey dokey.

Whatever..........you just can't stand the truth and a guy telling you like it is. Sorry. I say it like it is. I am not a little push over neutered "boy" that you typically deal with at school. You know only a school world. I live in the real world and have for many years. You have a concept of how you want it to work, but in reality, it simply does NOT work that way. NOTHING will change the differences between men and women. It can't be done.

Physically? Yes. Mentally? No fcking way. Feminism has spoiled my gender rotten. Girls can get whatever they damn well please out of guys, but guys don't get shit. Even guys who have suffered severe trauma are all but forced by society to "shut up and take it like a man" while girls whine like little btches when they break a nail.

@Wuffles Physically? Yes. Mentally? No f*cking way. Feminism has spoiled my gender rotten. Girls can get whatever they damn...

way to stereotype

"The answer to being stigmatized isn't to reverse the stigma;introverts don't need to accuse extroverts of being stupid and obnoxious, and curvy women don't need to accuse skinny women of being fake. That's not 'empowerment'. The real solution is to embrace both and stress that one is not better than the other, including the one that is typically stigmatized, amirite?"
http://www.amirite.com/748788-t...need-to-accuse

@fuzala way to stereotype "The answer to being stigmatized isn't to reverse the stigma;introverts don't need to accuse...

Yes, that last line is a bit out of hand, but if I'd said that "guys are slobs", would you have called me out on it?

@Wuffles Yes, that last line is a bit out of hand, but if I'd said that "guys are slobs", would you have called me out on it?

yeah I would have

I can't stand stereotypes

don't assume what I would or would not do

@fuzala yeah I would have I can't stand stereotypes don't assume what I would or would not do

I wasn't "assuming" anything. If I had said, "you would totally have called me out on it," THAT would be an assumption.

@Wuffles ...Touche.

another thing
women aren't spoiled rotten worldwide

I don't think women or men in general are spoiled rotten anywhere

as I stated before
there are places where they get jailed for getting raped

they can't vote
they can't drive
they can't go to school

that's why people are still fighting for equal rights

your entire comment stereotyped people of both genders

yet, you automatically assumed it was only about the last line