-6

Every person is born with hatred and malice in them.

Brands & Products
0 21

Hatred and malice are a little strong. I would say born with innate human traits... which probably include competitiveness, selfishness, etc... but also a capability to understand fairness.

I don't know about that

I think it's something learned

newborns aren't even self aware
I doubt they could already feel hate and malice

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree 0Reply
@fuzala I don't know about that I think it's something learned newborns aren't even self aware I doubt they could already...

I don't think it's something learned.
Have you noticed that you have to teach little toddlers to NOT hit and scratch other kids?
I also doubt that they already feel it, I'm just saying that it's already "programmed"

@Abraham I don't think it's something learned. Have you noticed that you have to teach little toddlers to NOT hit and...

but hitting and scratching isn't done out of hate

it's done because the child is feeling upset, angry, etc.

not hate/malice

also
in general
I don't if you noticed
but kids are easily distracted
and stop being mad easily
there's just not enough focus/time to form hate

I think it's easier for them to love than hate
because they cling to people who nurture them
and focus on that love more than the negative

I'd say kids are pretty optimistic

I don't think kids actually hate or dislike people until a little later

I once read that people are born with only 2 fears
the fear of height and the fear of loud noises

the other fears are slowly learned

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree 0Reply

It's very hard to know. It's impossible to raise a child without some degree of bias and outside influences. We know that everyone seems to exhibit these traits (at least to a lesser extent) at some point in our lives, but because we are all products of our environment, maybe it is just something that is taught in some way to every person.

Then again, you also have to consider the first people on Earth. What would make them have hatred and malice? They weren't taught by anyone, but somehow, this behavior has been passed down. What makes the most sense in that case is that we learned from animals. However, animal behavior is instinct, and as humans, we choose to give what has now become a negative instinct new names, such as hatred and malice.

@rilara It's very hard to know. It's impossible to raise a child without some degree of bias and outside influences. We...

The first people on Earth? Since our ancestors were non-human primates that slowly evolved into humans, I'm not sure that that means.

@PhilboydStudge The first people on Earth? Since our ancestors were non-human primates that slowly evolved into humans, I'm not...

Ok, I'm not going to discuss evolution, but based on your beliefs, where do you think hatred and malice comes from?

@freespeechfreelancer For anyone with a religious background - the devil of course.

Ok, but where did that come from? The devil was once God's angel. What would make him full of hatred?

I also have a religious background, but this is the first time that I've thought of this, so I'm wondering what your opinion on this is.

@rilara Ok, but where did that come from? The devil was once God's angel. What would make him full of hatred? I also have...

I only know what I have read in the Bible. For any of this to have been possible, angels had to have been created with the ability to make some choices. The angel Lucifer chose to place himself above the Almighty God. There are a few Old Testament references that make it clear he was the most beautiful of all the angels and probably the most powerful. From my own study, he appears to have let his beauty go to his head, and decided that he should sit on God's throne. In the book of Revelation there is a reference to a war in heaven. Some believe that war occurred already, and some believe it is yet to come. I believe it occurred already - probably before the creation of everything we know.
By piecing together all references in the Bible to Lucifer, you can find that he and a third of the angels were actually kicked out of heaven. Where did they go? The Bible says that Lucifer fell to the Earth and became the "god of this world." This is why I believe the war occurred before creation. He could not have been kicked out of heaven and fallen to Earth otherwise.
We first see his presence in the Garden of Eden in the form of the serpent who tempted Eve. [Note: angels are spirit beings but can take on physical manifestations and do so all throughout the Bible]. Contrary to what many may think or believe, Lucifer is not ugly or having horns, pitch fork, red, and long tail. He is simply a fallen angel. He would be second in glory and appearance to Jesus Christ. He is also called an "angel of light" in the Bible.
My own view, is that the fallen angels became the evil ones and do the bidding of their leader - the fallen satan. The first evil then appears to be a form of pride. I can not find anywhere that says Lucifer outright disobeyed God or went against a command - but surely he knew that God's throne was reserved for God alone. And since his fall, this angel has been deceiving people and doing his best to keep them from seeking to know God. He knows the Bible very well, and twists its words to trick and manipulate. The question he asked Eve in the garden was: "hath God said....." She told him what she was NOT supposed to do, and he then questioned it and followed it up with HIS spin or take on it. This is how he got her to eat the forbidden fruit. She then shared with Adam, and the rest is history.

@freespeechfreelancer I only know what I have read in the Bible. For any of this to have been possible, angels had to have been created...

I see. So would you say that power is what causes everything? Lucifer had power, and that power seemed to have led to all of the other negative qualities.

Maybe hate and malice comes from a natural thirst for power. hmm smilie

@rilara I see. So would you say that power is what causes everything? Lucifer had power, and that power seemed to have led...

Very possible. Many in power are extremely corrupt, greedy, and don't mind using and taking advantage of everyone below them.
It may have been a blend of the desire for more power AND the vanity of his own beauty. He saw himself as something more than he actually was (and he was something special for sure). It is a fascinating topic.

@rilara Ok, I'm not going to discuss evolution, but based on your beliefs, where do you think hatred and malice comes from?

ah I come from a religious background
since I'm Muslim and all
but I don't believe that Iblis (aka Satan) was ever an angel

I believe that Satan's a bad jinn

I believe that angels are sinless and are completely incapable of disobeying God

for example
think about the angel Jibreel (aka Gabriel)
could never disobey God

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree 0Reply
@fuzala ah I come from a religious background since I'm Muslim and all but I don't believe that Iblis (aka Satan) was...

Ok, so do you think that hate and malice comes from Satan (or maybe the jinn)? I'm also considering the possibility that power is the root of hate and malice. In order to survive, everything needs to have some power (or control). The power doesn't have to be a traditional leadership role, but having power over your finances, or your health, etc. are all positive feelings. In order to recreate that feeling, people do more in order to gain power. Anything that goes against getting more power is a negative, and therefore, will cause you to feel hate/malice.

I don't know if you believe in Adam and Eve, but their desire for knowledge could also be considered a desire for power, or a desire to be like God. The creation of sin stems from this desire, and the negative emotions and feelings that came from the creation of sin include hatred/malice.

I feel like I'm moving farther and farther away from answering the question hehe smilie

@rilara Ok, so do you think that hate and malice comes from Satan (or maybe the jinn)? I'm also considering the possibility...

there are good jinns too
Satan is one of the bad jinns

I also think we can't blame Satan and the bad jinns

they tempt us
but we have free will

we're still accountable for our actions

I do believe in Adam and Eve
Eve is also known as Hawwa

however
in Islam
there isn't Original Sin

I'll give you a link that compares/contrasts the story of creation in the Bible and in the Qur'an

http://www.onislam.net/english/...the-quran.html

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree 0Reply
@Abraham I'm glad my post started this interesting debate!

me too

on that note
your name reminds me of Prophet Ibrahim (pbuh)
aka Abraham

the father of monotheism
the father of the prophets

Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are Abrahamic religions

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree 0Reply

Good idea. Let's not discuss evolution.

I think hatred and malice are words we have assigned to emotions that animals most likely have too... Did you know some monkeys will hunt in packs and kill other monkeys? While this might not translate perfectly into human hatred or malice, but these monkeys obviously have some dark, intense, aggressive emotions themselves.

Nopety, nope, nope. It depends both on your environment and on your genes. Maybe if your forebrain is messed up, then you would be born incapable of "feeling" some emotions that would manifest itself in hate or whatever, but for most of us, we are born impressionable, processing little things and the way we act depends on how our environments shape us later...