+6

Nowadays it's difficult to express a dislike for something popular without coming off as a "look how fucking hard I try to be different" type of person, amirite?

MaiaBens avatar
0 12
The voters have decided that MaiaBen is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Especially being POLITICALLY CORRECT! I TOTALLY AGREE! I hate having to bite my tongue when I want to present a situation between a guy and a girl being in love or something and all the sudden find myself having to also include possible scenarios about a guy and a guy and a girl and girl--- just to be politically corrent. It's so frustrating.

unreasonables avatar unreasonable Yeah You Are 0Reply
@unreasonable Especially being POLITICALLY CORRECT! I TOTALLY AGREE! I hate having to bite my tongue when I want to present a...

Political correctness is not law or a rule we must abide by. It is a pressure being imposed upon society by a biased media and an agenda of small minority groups trying to impose their will and ways upon the masses. If you are biting your tongue and not being yourself about any issue or thought, then you are not being true to who and what you are. I personally do not let the pressures or political correctness of any issue stop me from saying or doing what I see best. Political correctness is not correct - therefore it should not be followed or encouraged.

@freespeechfreelancer Political correctness is not law or a rule we must abide by. It is a pressure being imposed upon society by a...

yeaah, true, personally its the little things that bother me. that shifty eye, that sanctimonious lecture I have to heard about being racist/sexist/-ist in the 21rst century and how i should know better, that spiel i have to listen to about how inconsiderate i am. and personally, to avoid all those little inconveniences are what i bite my tongue for.

@unreasonable yeaah, true, personally its the little things that bother me. that shifty eye, that sanctimonious lecture I have to...

That is where we differ then. I don't and won't bite my tongue. I learned a long time ago that people say and do what they want, so it should be no different for me. You are doing exactly what they want you to do, and that is to cave in and go along with the status quo. We all have minds, thoughts, and voices of our own. They are useless if we don't use them.

@freespeechfreelancer That is where we differ then. I don't and won't bite my tongue. I learned a long time ago that people say and do...

ah, but that's not politically prudent all the time. i can say what i want hear because i'm not fearful of reprisal. but if i say the wrong thing to a guy i want to network with, well i won't make that connection. if i rub a potential business partner in the wrong way, well, i guess i won't make money then. and i live in that world. that capitalist world.

@unreasonable ah, but that's not politically prudent all the time. i can say what i want hear because i'm not fearful of...

Capitalism still exists? Where? We are being stripped of everything right before our very eyes.

@freespeechfreelancer Capitalism still exists? Where? We are being stripped of everything right before our very eyes.

capitalism doesn't exist? well, then i see then you're making just as much money as bill gates

@unreasonable capitalism doesn't exist? well, then i see then you're making just as much money as bill gates

I over exaggerated to make a point....we are quickly losing anything that resembles capitalism. Barry is killing all incentives to produce goods, make money, and profit. He is destroying the middle class while acting like he is for them. And the big business and banks that he opposed while running for office, are not his enemies at all. He is leading us in to full blown socialism - a far cry from capitalism.

how did you end up talking about capitalism?

MaiaBens avatar MaiaBen Yeah You Are 0Reply
@MaiaBen how did you end up talking about capitalism?

Just read the thread and you will see it.

too true

Do you have a specific example? I know when I was a teen, we all said we wanted to be unique and individuals. But we all dressed, talked, and acted alike. We all listened to the same music, hung out at the same places, and were pretty much as much alike as possible. When I look around today, I can't see that a whole lot has changed.