+71

I hate having to be politically correct all the time. I hate having to be "tolerant" all the time. Just saying the word gay doesn't make me a gay-basher. Pointing out group of women doesn't make me sexist. Saying someone is black doesn't make me racist. Being politically correct is overrated.

unreasonables avatar Politics
3 9

Well don't use the word gay as a synonym for stupid or lame. Don't speak to/about a group of women in a derogatory way and don't generalise that man's race if you call him back. No one is angry or sensitive about those things. It's how they are meant and interpreted

@Gavin Well don't use the word gay as a synonym for stupid or lame. Don't speak to/about a group of women in a derogatory...

Well obviously if someone says one of things in an offensive way it should be taken as such. But I think this post means that you can say things associated with different sexualities, genders, races without being intolerant. For example, saying "he's gay" or "she's a woman" or "they're black" doesn't mean that you're homophobic or sexist or racist. Sometimes people are just gay or females or black.

@1964206

Well sure; most people don't state that which they expect or are most familiar with. I wouldn't say I climbed a brown tree. I just climbed a tree. If the tree were purple, I'd probably specify that even if it didn't matter.

The worst, though, is if you're explaining an inanimate object and identify it as black or white, when some idiot says "racist." Like no. Not even close.

And posting about this is overrated as well. Search bar

UGH one time i said to someone that i was part black and they said that i was a racist. i felt like bashing their face in right then and there. fricken race card.

eggs avatar egg Agree 0Reply
This comment was deleted.
@1964254

This is joking.