+25

House Republicans do not have the votes to repeal Obamacare through the processes of democracy, instead they closed the federal government, throw hundreds of thousands of employees out of work, and inflict severe damage an already fragile economy. This is not democratic governance, it is tyrannical brinkmanship and should be considered criminal conduct.

VicZincs avatar People & Celebrities
3 62

for some reason
this reminds me of the time certain people petitioned to secede from the country

http://www.amirite.com/746718-a...ing-at-the-big

@fuzala for some reason this reminds me of the time certain people petitioned to secede from the country...

I don't think they were actually going to secede, I think it was a more of "What the hell are y'all doing up there?!"

@1945541

It is easier to down vote than to think!

I'm gonna do it guys. I'm gonna be that guy.

Was the fast and furious scandal not criminal conduct?
Was the Benghazi incident not criminal conduct?
Was lying and saying it would not be a tax, and then making it a tax not criminal conduct?
Was the whole NSA catastrophe not criminal conduct?
Was killing those in other countries through drone strikes not criminal conduct?
So why is it a crime when one party uses brutal force to revoke a law that most people in the U.S. do not agree with?

I mean dear God, this is by far one of the best examples of liberals' and democrats' numerous double standards. Point out the things the other guy does and use flashy words to sound intelligent, and in turn, that will make the other guy look bad and cover up the faults in ourselves.

(Republicans and conservatives have plenty of double standards as well, so feel free to bring these up too)

@I'm gonna do it guys. I'm gonna be that guy. Was the fast and furious scandal not criminal conduct? Was the...

it's all bad

no one said the initial stuff you listed isn't bad
it's just that this post is focusing on the shutdown

there are other posts that address the other points you make

when someone made that post about the drone strikes
they weren't dismissing other issues

they were merely focusing on the drone strikes for that particular post

someone posted something about the NSA too

focusing on one topic doesn't diminish how criminal other acts are

@fuzala it's all bad no one said the initial stuff you...

I meant this particular person. I stalk them and see that they're very one sided, and when those issues came up, not a word was spoken, but as soon as Republicans can be blamed for something all hell breaks loose.

@I meant this particular person. I stalk them and see that they're very one sided, and when those issues came up...

no way man

Mr. Z talks about everything

freespeechfreelancer is a very conservative Republican
and he posts things in favor of his conservative and Republican views

yet
you'll still find both of these users finding common ground from time to time

either way
you get a taste of everything

I know because I stalk both of them
.................................................

I know who you are by the way

@fuzala no way man Mr. Z talks about everything freespeechfreelancer is a very conservative Republican and he posts...

I know, but it's much more fun/easier to support someone you agree with, and it's easier to see the faults in people you disagree with. (Anyone who disagrees is a dirty liar)

And I guess being a mod gives you all sorts of cool super powers doesn't it?

@I know, but it's much more fun/easier to support someone you agree with, and it's easier to see the faults in...

I won't disagree with that
but if one knows this
one can actively think to sorta hinder that

I mean I disagree a lot with both Mr. Z and freespeech about different things

I tend to get along better with Mr. Z though

and no
it doesn't
only the admin/super mods can see who the anonymous are
I'm just a regular one with no super powers

plus
I've been figuring out anonymous users months before I became a mod

I made a post about it so you can check the time stamp
http://www.amirite.com/768180-i...-about-posting

@Why don't you let a brother in on that "secret weapon" just for curiosity sake?

if I let a brother in on that secret weapon
it wouldn't be a secret weapon anymore
now would it?

BRAVO..............that guy with a big nut sack. Good for you.
And I distinctly remember that the middle class would not see "one thin dime" of tax increase and that the "affordable health care act" would save every family money. It is costing them dearly.

@freespeechfreelancer BRAVO..............that guy with a big nut sack. Good for you. And I distinctly remember that the middle class...

You know, that's a double standard. When an anonymous person agrees with you, you say that they have a big even though they didn't reveal their identity.

When they disagree with you, you say they're cowards for not revealing their identity.

Which is it? Either they're cowards for hiding their identity or they are not cowards. You can't have it both ways based on whether or not they agree with you.

@1945205

Your logic and reasoning are just too simple and clear for liberals to grasp. They don't get it, and never will.
Also, several major insurance providers are pulling out of the exchanges. Why? They realize that obummacare is not cost effective. This is the same reason hundreds of employers and cities have cut back on hours and are ditching coverage altogether. Doctors and clinics all across America are quitting and shutting down their practices because they have realized what they are up against. Common sense says that when the dust settles, we will have an overly expensive limited and forced health care program that will be far less adequate and much more expensive. For socialists and communists, the motto, "less for more" is perfectly acceptable. For rational freedom loving Americans, obummacare is a disaster from any angle you look at it.

@1945209

My wife said she heard last night that part of the government "shutdown" (which is only 15%) new mothers on the WIC programs are going to be cut off. I have not confirmed this yet, and am going to research it. From what I had heard and read, no free programs were in danger of being cut off. But as you state, the point and time will come when it is inevitable. More can not keep going out than is coming in. It is impossible.

@1945205

I just saw that you mentioned my username

the answer is no
I don't hate you

as to why my peers don't speak up
some of them do speak up

others don't feel like it
or have trouble expressing their wonderful thoughts in spoken/written form

I speak up to share my thoughts/ideas/beliefs
because I want people to know where I stand

I also have realized that speaking up is a great learning process

speaking up has led to some instances where I changed my mind about something

perhaps because I was previously misinformed, ignorant, or did not know about the whole picture

Here is a great piece on the health care debacle.
http://www.westernjournalism.co...ompanies-bail/

Well I don't know about the "whole country." I do know the "Blaze" is against it. I see that in Amirite the vote is 3 to 2 in favor...so...whatever. The fact is if congress had the votes to repeal, they would repeal, and they would have voted to fund the government without it Obamacare. This move is brinkmanship, plain and simple, and it is outside the spirit of the democratic process.

@1945395

Thank you. That is the point of this post. They (whoever they is) do not have the vote and so "they" defunded the government. So you have restated this post in your own words. Thank you so much for making it clearer to yourself and your buddy FSFL.

You have made my day!

@1945449

What the OP's post does not acknowledge, is that the GOP led House has made it perfectly clear that they are willing and ready to fund all of government EXCEPT Obamacare. Ted Cruz said on Sean Hannity's radio program today that there are 8 bills sitting on Harry Reid's desk that have been approved and passed by the House since the shutdown to fund the very things that Reid, Obama, and the MSM are bitching about. But Reid refuses to bring them to the floor for a vote. The National Parks and Monuments, National Guard, Veterans, WIC, FEMA - all ready to go, but Reid and Obama are too arrogant and insane to even meet with the House leaders and talk. Obama said today in front of FEMA that he will ONLY negotiate AFTER he gets exactly what he wants - which is a full funding of all government (which includes his truck load of shit health plan) AND another debt ceiling raise (and this time he does not want a limit or cap put on it). I thought he said that Bush using a blank check from China was both "irresponsible" and "unpatriotic."
Funding the government line by line, item by item, is NOT a new concept and the Senate knows it. Appropriating specific funds for specific needs is a much more effective way of going about who will get what, and allowing a reigning in of the governmental waste that is all too prevalent in D.C.
Since the House IS actively doing something, and Reid and Obama are actively out campaigning and trying to smear them, it is clear who is at fault. Obama really is like a spoiled bratty child who whines and throws a tantrum every time he does not get to bully his way. It is time to stop this pathetic excuse of a "leader."
One other thing the OP failed to mention is that since Obama has been the Commander, Congress has failed to pass a budget. This administration has been operating without any passed budget, accountability, or direction. Everyone can blame the Republicans all they wish, but the Commander in Chief is where the buck stops. He can't blame Bush or anyone else. It truly is HIS OWN DAMN FAULT!

@1945395

You got it...........
Just watching the latest news, and the Obamacare websites had to shut down over the weekend. NOT because of so many signing up like Obama and the MSM are reporting. The sites are full of glitches, error messages, and difficult to navigate. The sites and software had issues all along and were not ready to open on 10/1 - but to try and save face, they opened anyway.
This should be another clear "proof" to anyone paying attention, how inept government is when it comes to business matters and putting their nose where it does NOT belong!

@freespeechfreelancer You got it........... Just watching the latest news, and the Obamacare websites had to shut down over the weekend...

Where their noses do not belong? USA is the only modern government that does not ensure fair medical coverage to all of its citizens.

Health care is as essential as roads and national defense.

It is the governments responsibility to protect its citizens and that includes healthcare.

@VicZinc Where their noses do not belong? USA is the only modern government that does not ensure fair medical coverage to...

If I truly believed that our government was concerned about protecting its citizens, then I might consider agreeing with you. But our government is interested in exploiting and taking advantage of its citizens - not in real protection. Our government has no virtue or character, and has not for years.
And have you noticed how well the roads and national defense are being essentially maintained? I personally don't want government providing my health care. If they would give me the taxes and money they take out of my check every month for the nonsensical ways they are going to waste it, I could provide much better for myself. They clearly have a track record of screwing things up and making a mess. I should have the option of deciding where my money is better and more efficiently spent.

@freespeechfreelancer If I truly believed that our government was concerned about protecting its citizens, then I might consider agreeing...

Whether they have an obligation to protect and "how good of a job the do" are two different questions. I argue they have the duty and obligation to protect (and that includes health care), and I agree they do a sh*ty job. Obamacare is far from ideal. But as you have pointed out, all citizen should have access to the same care plans that congress itself has.

@1945491

LOL.......excellent observation. I heard in the news today (conservative news sources of course) that the government has been trying to close roads and some areas that are privately owned and that do not receive one federal dime! This proves that they are deliberately trying to make things unnecessarily painful for American citizens.
The biggest joke and hypocrisy I heard today (and have confirmed with this link) was Michelle Obama tweeting that because of the government shutdown here Twitter account and tweeting would be limited!!!! Are you kidding me? If that does not show the complete ignorance of those in "leadership," then please put me out of my misery.
http://www.bizpacreview.com/201...tweeting-84564
Also, here is a link from BBC that got it right on WHO refused to pass the bill to fund government - the SENATE (because the House bill did not fund Obamacare).
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24330034

@1945501

LMAO! Good one.

@1945544

It used to bother me, but then I did my post attacking the loser(s), and it released me from their negativity. I don't look at the up or down votes now. I am going to say whatever the hell I want. That is why I go by the user name I chose. Speak or die.

@1945549

Empty heads have no substance to debate with.......a picture with a thumb pointing down is so easy to click. It reminds them of playing the video games they are addicted to.

@1945878

That is also very true. There is a fear of saying things because people see and hear what is happening to those who speak out. But speaking out is the ONLY way we will curb the tide of freedom losses. We are losing them very quickly. I love the old saying "the only thing for evil men to prevail is for good men to do nothing." The longer people stay silent, the worse things get.
I would think people would be MORE willing to say their minds in a format like this. We can't see each other or hear an actual voice. It is simply reading printed text - which is strictly from our brain waves.

I thought you did not watch MSM. The GOP did not shut down the government. That is a flat out lie and misrepresentation. I can't believe you still buy in to the pandering of a failed leader! The criminal is the one leading the country - and you know it. Unbelievably irresponsible post.

@freespeechfreelancer I thought you did not watch MSM. The GOP did not shut down the government. That is a flat out lie and...

Did not the Legislative Branch - both the House of Representatives and the Senate - approve the Affordable Health Care Act back in 2009, and did not the Executive Branch (the President) sign it into law in 2010, or did the mainstream media make that up?

@PhilboydStudge Did not the Legislative Branch - both the House of Representatives and the Senate - approve the Affordable Health...

What about the House's proposal where Obamacare was completely funded and remained almost entirely untouched, the only change is that congressmen and senators and anyone else who may have been previously exempt is forced to be under it too? If those who made the law are afraid of being ruled by it, doesn't that mean you should be too?

@WoIverine What about the House's proposal where Obamacare was completely funded and remained almost entirely untouched, the...

Don't forget about all the exemptions and free passes Obama has personally given to many big businesses. He knows nothing of fairness or equality - even though he talks a big game. Actually, he has broken the very law he created. Each delay or exemption he passes makes him a lawbreaker since Obamacare IS the "law of the land." He has not once consulted the House, Senate, or Congress to do what he is doing - elevating himself to the status of dictator. This is why I don't hesitate in the least calling him a dictator.

@freespeechfreelancer Don't forget about all the exemptions and free passes Obama has personally given to many big businesses. He knows...

@Wolverine and freespeechfreelancer... You can pick apart the Affordable Health Care act all you like, but it still passed the House and Senate. I am not arguing that the act is fair.

@PhilboydStudge @Wolverine and freespeechfreelancer... You can pick apart the Affordable Health Care act all you like, but it...

But the point is.........it should never have passed to begin with. And people still have a right to bitch, demand a repeal or defunding of it. Otherwise, we are saying that our government can pass any damn law it pleases and we are stuck with it. That is exactly what this behemoth represents.

@freespeechfreelancer But the point is.........it should never have passed to begin with. And people still have a right to bitch, demand...

We definitely have the right to bitch. Why do you say it shouldn't have passed to begin with?

I don't remember a move like this to repeal anything (and I'm old). Perhaps it has happened and I'm just not familiar with it, but it seems highly unusual.

@PhilboydStudge We definitely have the right to bitch. Why do you say it shouldn't have passed to begin with? I don't remember a...

I like to think that the fact that Democrats took control of the House in 2006 (correct me if I'm wrong) and that the only reason they lost it in 2010 is because they passed Obamacare even when the people didn't want it. As the Dems who voted against Obamacare kept their positions (as far as I'm aware). It seems to me that people have spoken, with the congressional election that is, that they do not want Obamacare.

And this is to the original post, the U.S. isn't a democracy, you're leaving out the "Republic" part, where we elect representatives to represent us. The word Democracy wasn't even used to describe the United States until 150 years after it was founded, with Woodrow Wilson.

@WoIverine I like to think that the fact that Democrats took control of the House in 2006 (correct me if I'm wrong) and that...

True. But democracy and democratic has different meanings. Democracy is rule by the people (republic is representative rule) but democracy simply means making decisions by vote.

@VicZinc True. But democracy and democratic has different meanings. Democracy is rule by the people (republic is...

I was just talking about what you said in the post where you said the House Republicans do not have the votes to repeal it through the process of Democracy, which isn't true. They were elected in as representatives through the process of Democracy, but now that they're representing us, the whole "Republic" part of the U.S. comes in to play. As long as they pass the budget in the House with legal votes, it's completely legal, and, in my opinion, something the Republicans should have done a long time ago.

The single biggest reason is because NOBODY knew what was in the damn bill! How could anyone forget the infamous words of Nancy Pelosi: "we have to pass the bill, so that you can uh find out what's in it..."
Conservatives were red flagging the dangers of this monstrosity from the very beginning and asking all kinds of questions - only to be beaten down and pushed back by the liberal press and egotistical president. This is why I deliberately watch and listen to conservative news sources. They are saying things and looking deeper in to issues than the bought and paid for liberal main stream media. It has been demonstrated time and time again that the major network news stations are extensions of the White House machine and agenda. They say ONLY what they want you to hear, and they leave many of the important details out. The bias is always in favor of the liberal view point, and conservatives are targeted and made to look and sound like incompetent bumbling fools.
The other huge reason in my book, is that if anyone has been paying attention and watching the pathetic excuse of a "leader" that we currently have, it is clear that his words can not be believed or trusted. He has established a pattern of saying one thing while doing the opposite. If you have been around people much and worked with them (as I have over the years), it becomes fairly easy to spot shysters and frauds. Barack Obama is a con artist of the worst sort. Our nation handed the keys of an entire country to a man who had never done a damn thing. He had no track record of leadership, business, military, or accomplishments worthy of even being considered to run a country. He has not even come close to displaying the qualities of a truly great man or president. His character and principles are flawed and socialistic. When he ran on "hope and change," he had a change in mind that this country has never seen or known. And regardless of how many blunders he makes or amount of ineptitude he displays, his party, the MSM, and not quite half of the country still somehow believes that he is a "magic man" and that his words are meaningful. If people refuse to see him for what he is, then they deserve the pain and suffering that goes along with following a failure. In ANY other walk of life or setting, If Obama were in charge and the head of a professional sports team, a company, a network, a bank, a college, etc., he would have been fired long ago!
That's my story, and I am sticking to it!

Here is an accurate assessment of the situation, but liberals just can't stand it. CNN tries to corner Rand Paul, but he brilliantly declares the real problem - which is Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and the no mistake Obama.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories...ith-rand-paul/

@PhilboydStudge I do like Rand Paul. He's a sharp guy.

Along with Ted Cruz.......and you have seen what the Democratic party and the MSM has tried to do to both of them.