fuzalas avatar People & Celebrities
0 27
The voters have decided that fuzala is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I wouldn't mind slamming her hello smilie

@I wouldn't mind slamming her

d smilie

why do you even bother going anonymous anymore?

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply
@fuzala why do you even bother going anonymous anymore?

What do you mean? I've always been under the impression that AmericaFuckYeah! is a collection of different people who just use the name when appropriate.

And I think they probably went anonymous because that is not a comment that someone would be proud of.

rilaras avatar rilara Yeah You Are 0Reply
@rilara What do you mean? I've always been under the impression that AmericaFuckYeah! is a collection of different people...

it is a collection of different people

but each of those people are different enough where you can tell some sort of difference

http://www.amirite.com/768180-i...-about-posting

@rilara Hmm, I bet you couldn't tell who I was. I think my comments are pretty generic.

hmm
perhaps you're right

but you've been commenting more than you used to
so it might not be as difficult as it would've been say several months ago

and since you said that
I'm probably going to be more alert about you hehe smilie

@fuzala hmm perhaps you're right but you've been commenting more than you used to so it might not be as difficult as it...

That's true. It's weird, because I'm a lot busier now than I was a few months ago, but I comment a lot more hehe smilie. Maybe that's why I have so much studying to do hmm smilie

Because I am America... you missed one by the way. On your abortion post

Also, AmericaFuckYeah! is just me. Never seen anyone else use it except Simon. once or twice, but he left.

@Because I am America... you missed one by the way. On your abortion post Also, AmericaFuckYeah! is just me. Never...

no no
It couldn't have all been you

people like to copy anon names

the abortion post
never would've guessed that one

@fuzala no no It couldn't have all been you people like to copy anon names the abortion post never would've guessed that one

Oh... Well I've never seen anyone else use it. There's only one true AmericaFuckYeah! though.

I mean, aren't all americans Immigrants? Like, except for Native Americans, we are all immigrants here. Just because someone isn't white, suddenly they're shunned here (not really shunned, but set aside as different). It's a shame.

Ethans avatar Ethan Yeah You Are +1Reply

I'm kinda late with this
but better late than never

you should see the tweets people put up
(it's in the link)

pretty horrendous if I do say so myself

She's not even an Arab
and even if she was
why should that even matter?

@fuzala I'm kinda late with this but better late than never you should see the tweets people put up (it's in the...

Yeah it pisses me off. It's the same as people bitching about immigrants when the true Americans are Native Americans.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +1Reply

People will find any reason to give hate to others. It's not just people of different races. I'm not saying that its not wrong, but that it would probably happen to any other girl who could have won.

@Wunderscore People will find any reason to give hate to others. It's not just people of different races. I'm not saying that...

yeah
but those girls would have been made fun of because of something that was unique to them

probably not something that deals with a whole group of people

if she looked "American"
whatever that means
I doubt they would say
"Man, an American should have won"
"9/11 anniversary was just a few days ago. It's messed up she won"

people always make fun of others
but it's more offensive when the hate deals with a whole group of people and not just the individual

in this case
Indians
other brown people
Arabs
Muslims

and people hating on something like that
no excuse for that crap
it's infuriating and still disgusting
and I have no idea why you made that comment

so what if people will find something to hate about someone?
what does that have to do with anything?
it's shouldn't be seen as a normal thing to do

@fuzala yeah but those girls would have been made fun of because of something that was unique to them probably not...

There are whole groups of girls that are "too" tall, short, skinny, fat, masculine, textbook, modest, flashy, religious, unreligious. People who are made fun of are often different from the majority, but there tons of ways people can be different. But being different from a group doesn't mean unique globally.

That's what I'm saying. Getting made fun of happens regularly for all kinds of people. Yes, it's horrible that this particular girl was made fun of. But it isn't an event unique to this one girl or this one situation.

@1945214

I guess I was just thinking that even if some other girl won, people woul still find a reason to try to feel better than her. I, personally, think the "because she's Indian" part is too inclusive, and the post minus that part is still valid and, I think, true.

@Wunderscore There are whole groups of girls that are "too" tall, short, skinny, fat, masculine, textbook, modest, flashy...

a lot of the terms you listed are subjective opinions
tall, short, etc.

being Indian is a fact

I still don't get why you made that comment

I know it's not unique to Nina
it happens to all kinds of people
but that doesn't change my opinion of it being disgusting

when someone talks about a bad event
what's the point of saying
"yeah, there are other x, y, and z events that happened too"

what's the point here?

it just sounds like such events are being normalized
when they shouldn't be

@fuzala a lot of the terms you listed are subjective opinions tall, short, etc. being Indian is a fact I still don't get...

Yes. I agree with your post and I agree with your comments. I was just pointing out that the "because she's Indian" could easily be replaced with any other reason that anyone is ever "slammed" so it's highly inclusive. There's nothing wrong with being specific, but I think it's important to remember that we shouldn't just feel sympathy for or try to change things for one exclusive group.

@Wunderscore Yes. I agree with your post and I agree with your comments. I was just pointing out that the "because she's Indian"...

it's inclusive to show detail I guess
without that part
the post is really vague
and doesn't really make sense

"Well why did she get slammed?"
like a cliffhanger

I don't understand your last sentence

for this reason:

when people fought for women's right to vote
they didn't fight for men's right to vote since they already had that right

in that situation
change was made specifically for one group
sympathy was felt for that one group

doing so did not take sympathy or change away from other groups

I actually became ashamed of a few of my friends when they said 'She's not Miss America' she was born/lived her whole life here and is an absolute babe. I don't see what the big deal is